Revamped Crabitat + Silly Stuffed Crab

This is a forum dedicated to Hermit Crab Association members posting pictures of their crabs and crabitats.

Topic author
Crabinski

Revamped Crabitat + Silly Stuffed Crab

Post by Crabinski » Sun Nov 22, 2015 9:38 pm

Did a big surface clean last night and swapped some items in/out. Put the small resin tree in (they haven't seen it in almost a year and always loved it), removed the cork round, added a new fake jade plant in the front and raised up the other greenery for more walking space. All the guys are below at the moment so the crabitat is still intact today :lol: but I suspect Felix is near the surface and ready to trash it all tonight.

The resin tree with its raggedy leafs is right up against the left side of the tiered corner shelf.

Also recently unearthed this silly stuffed crab a friend gave me years ago -- it's actually the only crab item I have!

PPs are Big Enzo, Charles Paris and Mr Pinch
On the Big Beach in the Sky: Murray, Gino, Oscar, Gordon, Ignatz, Harry and King Felix the Pale
Also Mom to Imogene the Syrian Hamster

landlubber

Re: Revamped Crabitat + Silly Stuffed Crab

Post by landlubber » Sun Nov 22, 2015 9:43 pm

I love it! That is quite the second/third level you have there! Very cool.

I don't have a lot of crab Kitch either, but I do have a hermit crab tree ornament for Xmas. :D
6 PPs, 4 Straws, 3 Es * 1 Teeny, 6 Smalls, 4 Mediums, 1 large and 1 Jumbo in a 70 gallon
1 Boxer puppy, 1 Yorchie mutt, 1 cat, 1 ball python, 1 boa

Topic author
Crabinski

Post by Crabinski » Sun Nov 22, 2015 9:51 pm

landlubber wrote:I love it! That is quite the second/third level you have there! Very cool.
The top tier holds the moss pit, the lower shelf the shell shop and a coconut hide is underneath on the substrate level. It was the best $6 I ever spent at Walmart to get that corner shelf!
On the Big Beach in the Sky: Murray, Gino, Oscar, Gordon, Ignatz, Harry and King Felix the Pale

me n my hermikids

Post by me n my hermikids » Sun Nov 22, 2015 11:25 pm

I have the same corner shelf and i love it too. I used to keep shells on the second shelf but my crazies just kept knocking them off so i moved them to ground. Now i put treats on the top along with a hide and cuttle bone on the middle shelf. They wont let me put anything under because they like it empty under there. I have learned not to argue with them about it because they always get their way by morning. LOL

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

pearl29mi

Post by pearl29mi » Mon Nov 23, 2015 10:55 am

Your crabitat looks amazing, I wish I could decorate like that! :hail:

BTW, your profile picture, what type of hermie is he?
6 Caribbean Hermies~ Liberty|Spike|Freddie|Pinchers|Pip|

Topic author
Crabinski

Post by Crabinski » Mon Nov 23, 2015 11:09 am

pearl29mi wrote:BTW, your profile picture, what type of hermie is he?
The avatar picture is Felix, a PP. When I got him 7+ years ago, he was a light salmon color and gradually lightened up into a grayish cream color. He eats like a hog, is very active, molts regularly and rules the tank but is just that weird pale "no-color" :? .

pearl29mi

Post by pearl29mi » Mon Nov 23, 2015 11:11 am

That's really cool. I never would 've though that was a pp :lol:
6 Caribbean Hermies~ Liberty|Spike|Freddie|Pinchers|Pip|

rainbow_crab

Post by rainbow_crab » Mon Nov 23, 2015 3:59 pm

Crabinski wrote: The avatar picture is Felix, a PP. When I got him 7+ years ago, he was a light salmon color and gradually lightened up into a grayish cream color. He eats like a hog, is very active, molts regularly and rules the tank but is just that weird pale "no-color" :? .
I have a pp I got from a rescue 3 yeRs ago and it's a very light lavender color, eats like a pig and is super active but never changes color when she molts. It's kinda crazy most my crabs are really dark except for her. Felix is very handsome with his odd color