long time, no see

This is a forum dedicated to Hermit Crab Association members posting pictures of their crabs and crabitats.

tlivs

Post by tlivs » Fri Jan 15, 2010 2:21 pm

i think sue has crushed oysters mixed in with her substrate too correct me if im wrong
arthur, charlie, ralph, hunter and oliver
rip. benjamin

Post by Guest » Fri Jan 15, 2010 9:41 pm

Gorgeous crabs! And I love all the gemstone names, very cool :D Yes, I think Sue has mentioned that she has crushed oyster in her sub mix... I got a sample of it from THCP and it was very popular with my crabs. Next order I am planning to get more 8)

suebee

Post by suebee » Fri Jan 15, 2010 11:38 pm

yes from Bobs suggestion to me i mix in crushed oyster shell too! But go to a local place that sells chicken feed or animal feed and get the crushed oyster shell, I got a big bag for 3.00. I think that Keith gave me that tip! I also put them in a dish in the tank too. For the first time ive just added a dish of live sand for them to munch on listed here http://www.hermitcrabaddictionstore.com ... ve_Sand_HF
No takers yet but ill let you know.

They love the oystershell crushed. Its also good to have it in the substrate so when they molt they can munch.
I buy from ELHC or HCP, I CANNOT RECEIVE PM MESSAGES SO EMAIL ME,anytime! suebeebuzz@me.com visit my Hermit Crab Dollar Store. Crabbing from aprox 1974- I own 12 Species,On Face Book-Susan Staff's Coenobita Research of New Jersey

Topic author
annopia

Post by annopia » Sat Jan 16, 2010 9:00 pm

thank you guys! live sand? as in for marine aquariums? i have plenty, i've got a tank full of little MHCs

Caroline
26 LHC: 6 PPs, 5 Es, 1 Straw, 6 Ruggies, 2 Indos, 1 Blueberry, 4 Violas, 1 Aussie

suebee

Post by suebee » Sat Jan 16, 2010 9:29 pm

yes they claim on Landhermitcrabs.com that the crabs love it and hermit crab addiction sells it so i thought i would give it a try. Well day two and no takers. Maybe mine just dont need it due to having the oyser shell?
I love the MHCs some day i want to give them and starfish a try.
I buy from ELHC or HCP, I CANNOT RECEIVE PM MESSAGES SO EMAIL ME,anytime! suebeebuzz@me.com visit my Hermit Crab Dollar Store. Crabbing from aprox 1974- I own 12 Species,On Face Book-Susan Staff's Coenobita Research of New Jersey