my visit to elhc

This is a forum dedicated to Hermit Crab Association members posting pictures of their crabs and crabitats.

Mama Crabs

Post by Mama Crabs » Mon Jul 26, 2010 3:50 am

LOve the pics, thanks for sharing!

kgbenson

Re: my visit to elhc

Post by kgbenson » Mon Jul 26, 2010 7:31 am

annopia wrote:
Me and Minnie:

WOW - very cool.

Keith

suebee

Post by suebee » Mon Jul 26, 2010 10:07 am

Bob has this food listed on his site http://www.exoticlandhermitcrabs.com/category-s/1.htm
Looks like you had a fab. time! Im glad Bob said ok to posting your photos to show!
Looks like you needed the stool to see into some of the enclosures too. lol I carried it around. I hope to see Bob again soon..You had one hot day. Ive been hoping for cooler weather.
I buy from ELHC or HCP, I CANNOT RECEIVE PM MESSAGES SO EMAIL ME,anytime! suebeebuzz@me.com visit my Hermit Crab Dollar Store. Crabbing from aprox 1974- I own 12 Species,On Face Book-Susan Staff's Coenobita Research of New Jersey

Post by Guest » Mon Jul 26, 2010 11:12 am

Awesome pics of an amazing place :D

Sue, I think you and I need to go back again soon for another visit 8)

Mokulele_Hawai'i

Post by Mokulele_Hawai'i » Thu Jul 29, 2010 7:18 am

Great trip report, Caroline ... thanks for sharing
Hermit crab lover since 1981
Founder of "Blueberry land hermit crab" - common name for Coenobita purpureus, and "Zebra Sunset land hermit crab" for a new subspecies of Coenobita violascens

wendyj

Post by wendyj » Sat Jul 31, 2010 4:19 pm

Wow what great pics. I would be in heaven there. I didn't know they liked french fries! The coconut crabs were huge in the pics I can't imagine them in real life. What a great day!

Zealous Euphemism
Founding Member
Founding Member

Post by Zealous Euphemism » Fri Aug 13, 2010 2:03 pm

Wow, that is fabulous!! THAT is the sort of hermit crab exhibit they should have in zoos :D It looks like they're kept in a kind of greenhouse? How cool would that be, to build a greenhouse in your backyard instead of investing in a really big tank. ^_^

You are so lucky! I don't feel as skeptial about mail-ordering crabs, now that I know how well they're treated at the base. They all look so active and cheery!
~*~I should have been a pair of ragged claws, scuttling across the floors of silent seas~*~

ZooMama

Post by ZooMama » Sat Aug 14, 2010 3:52 pm

I concur with everyone WOW lol - it really makes me want to build a hermie house and start up like an "adoption" facility/Internet store to make good quality/healthy hermies available, that would be soooo cool to work with them all day. I wonder if it is a worth while venture and sustainable. That would take lots of research and study! I think my OCD would get the better of me in trying to keep it orderly lol

Any way, I am jealous! And yet so very happy for you that you were able to experience that.
25 PPs, 13 Es
3 Pink Indos, 2 Indos, 8 Strawberries, 4 Blueberries, 2 Violas
<b>As well as....</b>
6 Cats; 2 Dogs; 4 Horses; 4 African Dwarf Frogs