Bought my first strawberries

This is a forum dedicated to Hermit Crab Association members posting pictures of their crabs and crabitats.

Topic author
theornerycheese

Bought my first strawberries

Post by theornerycheese » Fri Mar 25, 2016 11:41 pm

Soooooo after a very long wait, I got my hands on some baby strawberries after a surprise call from Critter Jungle saying they finally got some in stock (bought 4 Ruggies from them back in September). Here are some crappy pictures of them. It didn't help that they're still on high alert and can see me coming a mile away, despite trying my best to be stealthy >:c

Just the three of them for now. I picked the healthiest looking of the bunch, as a lot of them were missing tips of their legs and such. Every strawberry I examined had cloudy eyes so it's good I got mine the day they were dropped off at Critter Jungle. The sand they use in their setup is very dry, no good for tunneling at all >:c. So I hope these guys survive their first molt with me. They've been super active and stuffing their faces with persimmon and climbing over everything, even using the big pool no one else would use. Along with my strawberries, a beautiful green-grey aggressive medium Ruggie caught my attention. I saw him grabbing a strawberry by the back of its shell and yanking him sideways. All of my Ruggies are tiny/small, so I definitely wanted this guy. He switched into a new shell after I brought him home and I haven't seen him be aggressive to anyone yet so I hope the new shell fixes his attitude. Didn't manage to get any pictures of him because he's never out when I go check.

I wish I could've brought them all home, but the 4 crabs cost me 81$ ;w;

And here's a bonus picture of one of my smaller Ruggies, Meebo. He's a very manly shade of pink/orange.

Kittykimbro@att.net

Re: Bought my first strawberries

Post by Kittykimbro@att.net » Fri Mar 25, 2016 11:48 pm

Very nice looking additions to your family. Meebo is a cutie as well. Congrats.

4 Shy PPs (New Family Members)
1 Senior Loveable Mutt Dog (13yrs)
5 Grown (Whew) Children
2 wonderful Granddaughters
1 Patient Husband!

Candie

Post by Candie » Sat Mar 26, 2016 12:05 pm

Soo cute! I love the first picture where the strawberry is peeking out from inside the log

charbeenie

Post by charbeenie » Sat Mar 26, 2016 7:02 pm

Congrats! They are too cute!

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

wodesorel
Tech Support
Tech Support

Post by wodesorel » Sun Mar 27, 2016 8:46 am

Straw have iridescent eyes which make them looks cloudy.
Want to see all my crazy pets? @waywardwaifs on Instagram

Crabinski

Post by Crabinski » Sun Mar 27, 2016 12:45 pm

Candie wrote:Soo cute! I love the first picture where the strawberry is peeking out from inside the log
Yes! That's my favorite pic, too!
PPs are Big Enzo, Charles Paris and Mr Pinch
On the Big Beach in the Sky: Murray, Gino, Oscar, Gordon, Ignatz, Harry and King Felix the Pale
Also Mom to Imogene the Syrian Hamster

Topic author
theornerycheese

Post by theornerycheese » Sun Mar 27, 2016 9:27 pm

wodesorel wrote:Straw have iridescent eyes which make them looks cloudy.
Oh, good to know. It seemed a bit odd that every single one of them had the same glazed look. xD

Topic author
theornerycheese

Post by theornerycheese » Sun Mar 27, 2016 9:29 pm

Crabinski wrote:
Candie wrote:Soo cute! I love the first picture where the strawberry is peeking out from inside the log
Yes! That's my favorite pic, too!
That seems to be its favourite spot as that's normally where I see it during the day. The other two seem to prefer heights. c: