Many faces (shells) of our little Watermelon

This is a forum dedicated to Hermit Crab Association members posting pictures of their crabs and crabitats.

Topic author
aprilmay

Many faces (shells) of our little Watermelon

Post by aprilmay » Wed Oct 04, 2017 12:42 pm

Watermelon (our small PP) and Blueberry(one of our two medium to large PPs) have been moved to our new 20gl tall tank for over a week now. Strawberry(the other big PP) is still buried in the old tank. no trace so far. possibly it has gone done for a 2nd molt (last molt was from end of May to end of June, 5 weeks).

Blueberry has been in some deep passive state. only shuffling around at night in its sleeping spot. not coming out for food or water. I've been placing peanut butter and honey next to its stationary spot. But unclear whether it is eating it or watermelon is.

Little Watermelon is the one actively exploring and enjoying the new tank. It spent the first couple of nights busy changing shells, then around the 3rd day it discovered the 2nd level--two moss pits connected by a cholla bridge. but it quickly ascended to the ceiling, and started crawling all over our mesh lid upside down like a spider hours on end. spiderman action at night must be pretty energy consuming, little watermelon came out during broad daylight (once at 1pm, once at 3pm) to eat.

Got some really good photos of watermelon in its various shells. the upper right corner snake skin shell was only wore for less than an hour. so glad i captured it on photo before it changed its mind again! It has since settled on the mexican turbo (center). roomy and light. mexican turbo is truely great for PP!

GotButterflies
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Many faces (shells) of our little Watermelon

Post by GotButterflies » Wed Oct 04, 2017 12:48 pm

Cute pictures :)
Truly blessed to have incredible creatures, wonderful friends and my amazing family in my life!! I'm very thankful & grateful for all of them! www.thehealthyhermit.com

Sillysheep

Post by Sillysheep » Wed Oct 04, 2017 9:47 pm

aprilmay wrote:Watermelon (our small PP) and Blueberry(one of our two medium to large PPs) have been moved to our new 20gl tall tank for over a week now. Strawberry(the other big PP) is still buried in the old tank. no trace so far. possibly it has gone done for a 2nd molt (last molt was from end of May to end of June, 5 weeks).

Blueberry has been in some deep passive state. only shuffling around at night in its sleeping spot. not coming out for food or water. I've been placing peanut butter and honey next to its stationary spot. But unclear whether it is eating it or watermelon is.

Little Watermelon is the one actively exploring and enjoying the new tank. It spent the first couple of nights busy changing shells, then around the 3rd day it discovered the 2nd level--two moss pits connected by a cholla bridge. but it quickly ascended to the ceiling, and started crawling all over our mesh lid upside down like a spider hours on end. spiderman action at night must be pretty energy consuming, little watermelon came out during broad daylight (once at 1pm, once at 3pm) to eat.

Got some really good photos of watermelon in its various shells. the upper right corner snake skin shell was only wore for less than an hour. so glad i captured it on photo before it changed its mind again! It has since settled on the mexican turbo (center). roomy and light. mexican turbo is truely great for PP!
Those are awesome. Watermelon... you little buger!!! So sweet! Thanks for showing your pictures.

Sent from my XT1030 using Tapatalk

Just Jay

Post by Just Jay » Thu Oct 05, 2017 9:39 am

So very cute!