65 Gallon New Crabitat!

This is a forum dedicated to Hermit Crab Association members posting pictures of their crabs and crabitats.

Crabby7Crabber

Re: 65 Gallon New Crabitat!

Post by Crabby7Crabber » Sun Feb 16, 2020 10:06 pm

*curls up into ball because
1) I want to fit in there
2) my tank sucks next to yours (and everyone else's)*
alright, shrink me or something just make it so I can fit in there!
Three PPs (Hoodini, Aaron Burr, and Jubali)
Love my deceased baby crabs George Washington, Zero, Domino, Billy, Eduardo, and Shelly too 🥺

CrabbyLover77

Post by CrabbyLover77 » Fri Feb 21, 2020 3:30 am

Motörcrab wrote: Thanks! I did all the egg crate and crab mesh stuff. Xenocrab made the ropes, decorated the hanging pot, and flower pots. The crabs have been all over the tank! The tension rods are great wrapped. Our crabs, even the babies climb on them. The give so many options for adding things to the tank too!
A TV show would be fun! Similar to Bar Rescue too! Go in an yell at everyone on how terrible their tank conditions are then threaten to walk out and not do their tank! Then reconsider and do the new tank! I highly doubt that would ever happen. It would be huge to promote awareness and general care.

Once we see how things go at Crab Con with selling our stuff we may try to open a store later.
You'll def have to let us all know if you decide to open a store. I would be your first customer for sure. Image

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

"Hunting is not a sport. In a sport, both sides should know they're in the game." -Paul Rodriguez-
https://www.etsy.com/shop/BigBeausBouti ... form-mcnav

ROSIEonFIRE

Post by ROSIEonFIRE » Thu Mar 19, 2020 3:24 pm

Looks amazing. Egg crate is where its at

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Topic author
Motörcrab

Post by Motörcrab » Thu Mar 19, 2020 5:49 pm

ROSIEonFIRE wrote:
Thu Mar 19, 2020 3:24 pm
Looks amazing. Egg crate is where its at

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
It's really the best once you figure out how to use it. Once everything is attached we never have to adjust the wheels or secure whatever is attached. It does make it more difficult to redecorate if you want.
Coenobita Curiosities offering crabby decor
https://www.etsy.com/shop/CoenobitaCuriosities

CrabbyChelle628

Post by CrabbyChelle628 » Sat Mar 28, 2020 4:09 pm

How did Xenocrab do the leaf pot?
Do you have an etsy store ? Or a way to order online?
I wish I could, but I know that I will not be able to go to Crab Con.

Sent from my SM-T713 using Tapatalk

CrabbyChelle628

Post by CrabbyChelle628 » Sat Mar 28, 2020 4:12 pm

I have also been wondering what kind of glue would be safe to use in my Crabitat.

Sent from my SM-T713 using Tapatalk

Topic author
Motörcrab

Post by Motörcrab » Sat Mar 28, 2020 4:58 pm

CrabbyChelle628 wrote:
Sat Mar 28, 2020 4:09 pm
How did Xenocrab do the leaf pot?
Do you have an etsy store ? Or a way to order online?
I wish I could, but I know that I will not be able to go to Crab Con.
We have an Etsy store partially set up. The basics are done but nothing listed. After Crab Con we are planning to list what we didn't sell at Crab Con and go from there with more sales.

We did sell a few things through PayPal. Once we are ready to ship we let you know. Then mail it out.

To follow the rules and regulations at the HCA I can't solicit sales. It would be considered spam. You can however PM me and ask.
CrabbyChelle628 wrote:
Sat Mar 28, 2020 4:12 pm
I have also been wondering what kind of glue would be safe to use in my Crabitat.
We use aquarium safe silicone for all our crabby crafts. It should be clearly labeled "aquarium safe" on the packaging. If it is labeled "mold resistant", "mold inhibiting", or similar, it is NOT safe.
Coenobita Curiosities offering crabby decor
https://www.etsy.com/shop/CoenobitaCuriosities

CrabbyChelle628

Post by CrabbyChelle628 » Sun Mar 29, 2020 4:44 pm

Motörcrab wrote: We have an Etsy store partially set up. The basics are done but nothing listed. After Crab Con we are planning to list what we didn't sell at Crab Con and go from there with more sales.

We did sell a few things through PayPal. Once we are ready to ship we let you know. Then mail it out.

To follow the rules and regulations at the HCA I can't solicit sales. It would be considered spam. You can however PM me and ask.
We use aquarium safe silicone for all our crabby crafts. It should be clearly labeled "aquarium safe" on the packaging. If it is labeled "mold resistant", "mold inhibiting", or similar, it is NOT safe.
What type of silicone do you use?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

C_fiesta

Post by C_fiesta » Sat Jun 27, 2020 3:18 pm

Motörcrab wrote:
Sun Feb 16, 2020 10:03 pm

A TV show would be fun! Similar to Bar Rescue too! Go in an yell at everyone on how terrible their tank conditions are then threaten to walk out and not do their tank! Then reconsider and do the new tank! I highly doubt that would ever happen. It would be huge to promote awareness and general care.

That would be amazing! Your comment made me laugh out loud. I would watch that show! You'd be like the Gordon Ramsey of crab tanks! :hlol:
Hey! I'm Christine! I have 5 hermit crabs. Join me on Instagram @christinescrabcare. Also, checkout my Etsy shop www.etsy.com/shop/christinescrabcare