New 40G Crabitat!

This is a forum dedicated to Hermit Crab Association members posting pictures of their crabs and crabitats.

Topic author
HermitCrabFreak

New 40G Crabitat!

Post by HermitCrabFreak » Tue Sep 17, 2024 2:53 pm

I finally got everything together for my 40 gallon crabitat. Prior to this, I had two seperate 10 gallon tanks each with two hermit crabs in them. The first tank had Bada and Bing, which were two hermit crabs I brought home from the shore and in the second tank were Pauly and Snooki, who I adopted shortly after bringing home Bada and Bing.

Of course though, Bing went down for a molt before moving him and only three days I set up the new 40g, Bada followed down for a molt as well. So for now, only Pauly and Snooki are in the new 40g until Bada and Bing surface from their molts (and I cannot wait!! -- Bing should be up any day now hopefully).

So here are some tank pics. My boyfriend installed an automatic rain-mister. We have it set to go off every two hours for 15 seconds and it keeps the tank right at 80% humidity. During the daytime when the sun is on the tank, the temps are between 80-85 degrees, and at night they drop to about 76-79 degrees but I will have a second heat mat to put on the tank once Bada and Bing are moved into this tank, which should help with that.

Let me know what you guys think! :)