New Member Photo Galleries!!!

This is a forum dedicated to Hermit Crab Association members posting pictures of their crabs and crabitats.

Topic author

New Member Photo Galleries!!!

Post by Guest » Wed Jun 29, 2005 1:21 am

Hello all!

Daethian has created a wonderful photo gallery for members to view and share their images. You can find instructions for uploading images and creating your own albums at http://www.hermitcrabassociation.com/pa ... rytut.html

Thank you Dae!

Topic author

Post by Guest » Sat Jul 02, 2005 12:42 am

Hey you guys! Come check out the galleries! A very cool new feature! :D Yay Dae! [smilie=yippee.gif]

If you've got some nice, clear crab pics to share, you can start an album or add them to one of the other albums open to members. And, you can upload directly from your pc, if you don't have a URL to host them.

Topic author

Post by Guest » Mon Jul 04, 2005 4:27 pm

Please remember to use CLEAR images!! I removed a handful today that were blurry, out of focus or in the wrong albums.

HERMEZ

Post by HERMEZ » Mon Aug 08, 2005 7:15 pm

HELP

Warning: move_uploaded_file(./albums/edit/mHTTP_temp_8e831c9a.jpg) [function.move-uploaded-file]: failed to open stream: Permission denied in /home/hermitcr/public_html/gallery/upload.php on line 1197

I keep getting this message - I am totally confused :shock: :oops:
CrAbBy aNd PrOuD
crabbin since 2005.

HERMEZ

Post by HERMEZ » Tue Aug 09, 2005 8:19 pm

I PM'd a mod - I was referred to another Daethian (not here or not answering me)....can anyone else help me?
CrAbBy aNd PrOuD
crabbin since 2005.

Topic author

Post by Guest » Tue Aug 09, 2005 9:12 pm

It is fixed.

Thank you,

Anthony

Topic author

Post by Guest » Sun Sep 11, 2005 10:24 pm

Okay, I'm probably missing something obvious but I can't get anything to upload. It just tells me "0 pictures uploaded". It's a JPG, 356KB, from my computer...I just can't figure out what's wrong.

Topic author

Post by Guest » Sun Sep 11, 2005 10:28 pm

Hey Laura!! The file is too big. I was having a similar problem earlier this evening. If you highlight over the Error message area you can actually read what the problem is (took me a while to figure this out).

It seems that the largest file size allowed by the photo hosting place is approx. 150KB

Hope this helps and good luck!! :D

Topic author

Post by Guest » Sun Sep 11, 2005 10:29 pm

the file was too big then. it cant be any bigger then 800x800...try that

Topic author

Post by Guest » Sat Mar 04, 2006 3:23 pm

HI,

I can't find where to get to the "MY Gallery" to start the tutorial... sigh. Hate being new sometimes. :oops: Can someone please help?

What is Hotlinking?

Topic author

Post by Guest » Sat Mar 04, 2006 3:31 pm

ok I found it.

But what is hotlinking?

Topic author

Post by Guest » Sat Mar 04, 2006 4:59 pm

I won the photo contest for February! :P :) :D

Topic author

Post by Guest » Sat Mar 04, 2006 5:03 pm

I saw that! Congratulations! I thought it was a very good photo! Could be a greeting card. More like art than national geographic if you understand what i mean and it is meant in a very nice way. :) I submitted a photo for March. Not as artful as yours. :) Hmmm... you know they have tons of greeting cards with different animals which seem to be quite popular... you should pose your little guy like your Valentine's Day photo and make cards.

Topic author

Post by Guest » Sat Mar 04, 2006 5:12 pm

i already have an idea, but i have to get my batteries charged for my camera, first!

Topic author

Post by Guest » Sun Jun 24, 2007 7:27 pm

I'm not sure how 2 check out the photo galleries. I know how 2 upload, but I mean look at other peoples galleries.