The Rainbow Bridge

Where to post about the loss of your beloved pet hermit crabs. Replies are not permitted in this forum; please PM a member with your condolences for his or her loss.

Topic author

The Rainbow Bridge

Post by Guest » Sun Jan 09, 2005 8:26 am

Just this side of heaven is a place called Rainbow Bridge. When an animal dies that has been especially close to someone here, that pet goes to Rainbow Bridge. There are meadows and hills for all our special friends so they can run and play together. There is plenty of food, water, and sunshine and our friends are warm and comfortable.All the animals who have been ill and old are restored to health and vigor; those who were hurt or maimed are made whole and strong again, just as we remember them in our dreams of days and times gone by. The animals are happy and content, except for one small thing; they each miss someone very special to them, who had to be left behind. They run and play together, but the day comes when one suddenly stops and looks into the distance. His bright eyes are intent; his eager body begins to quiver. Suddenly, he begins to run from the group, flying over the green grass, his legs carrying him faster and faster.You have been spotted, and when you and your special friend finally meet, you cling together in joyous reunion, never to be parted again. The happy kisses rain upon your face; your hands again caress the beloved head, and you look once more into trusting eyes of your pet, so long gone from your life but never absent from your heart.Then you cross the rainbow Bridge together...Written by Anonymous

Topic author
NewCrabber

The Rainbow Bridge

Post by NewCrabber » Sun Jan 16, 2005 3:29 pm

Subject A poem for all who've lost... Posted by Chels_n_Crabby (crabbing addict) Posted on 01/02/03 08:19 PM I made this poem for the people who've lost hermies: Its hard to loose a hermie, I think we all agree. At this time of hardship, We all try to see. Just what it is your feeling, We try to understand. The depths of your sole, Need a helping hand. All around you, Whispers of dispair, Flow through your mind, and it is so hard to care. For your hermie is gone, and you feel this deeply. But thats why our team of mascots all shout out meaningly, We hope you get past this, in hopes and happiness. For remember the good times, and pass the time in bliss! O" Chelsey "O

Nicole

The Rainbow Bridge

Post by Nicole » Mon Jul 24, 2006 6:24 pm

From FlightResponse:REQUIEM FOR AN UNKNOWN HERMIE We never knew each other, but still I feel the pain of your loss. You never graced my crabarium or played on the palm of my hand, but I mourned as if you had. By the time I met you it was already too late.I saw you in a pet store to which I had never before been. Your brothers and sisters looked so sad in their tank; maybe they were mourning you. The pet store owners never cared for you. Even in death you were neglected; lying on your back, legs frozen in the air, shoved under a piece of choya wood in the back of your display case like you were just another empty shell. I never knew you, but I knew you deserved better than that.Maybe I should have notified someone that you were gone, and part of me wishes that I had. But part of me is hoping that your death will discredit the store that killed you. Part of me hopes that a customer (maybe with their child) sees you lying there and is so disgusted that they will leave your store without patronizing it.At least then your death will not have been for nothing.
~ crabbing since 2003