The King Has Left The Crabitat

Where to post about the loss of your beloved pet hermit crabs. Replies are not permitted in this forum; please PM a member with your condolences for his or her loss.

Topic author
TheGreyRonin

The King Has Left The Crabitat

Post by TheGreyRonin » Mon Oct 16, 2006 5:11 pm

Shortly before my vacation, I bought five E's. While four buried under, one little guy stayed up for a long while and was friendly and funny. His antics earned him the name The King, and he buried just after I came home from vacation.I've been wondering about him for a while, since he was a small crab and I hadn't seen him, but I didn't want to disturb other possible molters by digging for him.I finally gave in this afternoon, and found his distinctive shell buried at the base of the granite rock. I started gently washing the sand off of him, only to find his remains inside the shell. It seems his molt went wrong, and he is no longer with us.I don't think I'll ever forget him sitting on top of my skeleton, looking over the crabitat like a happy ruler. Funny how something can be in your life for such a short time, yet have such a large impact.