75 Gallon Tank with Topper (and possible adoptions)

This is a forum dedicated to Hermit Crab Association members posting pictures of their crabs and crabitats.

Topic author
batman1111

75 Gallon Tank with Topper (and possible adoptions)

Post by batman1111 » Sat Jun 25, 2016 3:42 pm

Hi guys, long time user of this forum but haven’t made officially made an account until now. I wanted to share the photos of a few of my setups for you guys to see and welcome any feedback you may have. I’ve owned hermit crabs for almost thirteen years, and I’ve had my oldest crab for that same amount of time! Currently there are eight crabs (all PP’s) living in the enclosure, all of which I’ve had for at least five years, they are all in the medium to borderline-jumbo size range. Please enjoy the pictures!

My ulterior motive behind this thread is my intent to adopt out all my crabs within the next year. I will be beginning a PhD program next year and will no longer be able to take care of my crabs, and don’t want to leave this burden on my family. I am currently looking for a home for all eight of my crabs. This post may belong in the adoptions section but I think it may be a little too long. I am not looking for any kind of payment, and am also offering any and all of my hermit crab related equipment to any willing and well-informed person that wants to adopt my crabs.
This includes:

• 75 Gallon Top Fin Fish Tank with florescent overhead light fixture (and bulb) and glass covers
• Low Exo Terra Terrarium (used as a topper in my setup)
• 20(high) and 10 Gallon Top Fin Tanks with covers
• One overhead UVB light and fixture (left side of tank)
• Three Zoo Med Under-the-Tank Heaters (two extra-large, one medium)
• One Ultratherm (length of 75 gallon tank)
• Various heat lamps and bulbs/heat emitters
• About 100 extra shells (mostly turbos)
• All the ornaments, fake plants, water dishes, etc. you see in the pictures along with much more I don’t currently use.
• Any other random things I have like sand, food, water conditioner etc.

I’m from the eastern Pennsylvania area and am willing to travel however far I have to ensure my crabs are going to a willing and well-informed person. I also would prefer to adopt them out to the same person, but eight crabs may a little much and I may be willing to split up the adoptions depending on the situation. Please post in this thread or PM if you are interested or have any questions regarding my crabs or setup. Thank You!

hermitcrabdc

Re: 75 Gallon Tank with Topper (and possible adoptions)

Post by hermitcrabdc » Sat Jun 25, 2016 5:40 pm

Wish I had room for that! It's amazing. Good luck finding an adopter :)
Crabbing since July 2013!
4 PPs - Chloe, Tani, Kono, McGarrett

KayedeeLove<3

Post by KayedeeLove<3 » Sat Jun 25, 2016 7:05 pm

I would but im aaaaall the way in fl :(

Sent from my LGMS345 using Tapatalk

Hdale85

Post by Hdale85 » Sun Jun 26, 2016 11:10 am

Wow your crabs look awesome, and so does your setup!

ErikRasmussen

Post by ErikRasmussen » Sun Jun 26, 2016 6:36 pm

Unfortunately I can't take on any more crabs right now but i can take shells off your hands. My 4 are huge shoppers and always looking for more variety.

Rawrgeous

Post by Rawrgeous » Mon Jun 27, 2016 10:27 am

I would be willing to take them, however I'm all the way in Nebraska, so if you can find a good home closer, I definitely understand!

Sent from my XT1031 using Tapatalk

Topic author
batman1111

Post by batman1111 » Tue Jun 28, 2016 9:27 pm

Thank you all for commenting. Unfortunately Nebraska is a out of my range unless you happen to be a little closer to my area traveling or something, but I appreciate your interest all the same! As for anyone wondering about the equipment I'm offering, this is generally meant for those who would like to adopt the crabs as it will be in use until all my crabs are adopted. However, afterwards I would be willing to give away whatever I may have left, I will update this thread when that time comes.

soilentgringa

Post by soilentgringa » Tue Jun 28, 2016 10:03 pm

batman1111 wrote:Thank you all for commenting. Unfortunately Nebraska is a out of my range unless you happen to be a little closer to my area traveling or something, but I appreciate your interest all the same! As for anyone wondering about the equipment I'm offering, this is generally meant for those who would like to adopt the crabs as it will be in use until all my crabs are adopted. However, afterwards I would be willing to give away whatever I may have left, I will update this thread when that time comes.
If you want to adopt them out please email adoptions@hermitcrabassociation.com or PM the HCA Adoptions account here on the forum. I'm the current adoption coordinator and I can place an ad for you and find qualified adopters.

laceyjae0627

Post by laceyjae0627 » Sat Aug 06, 2016 1:58 pm

Hi I'm for Punxsutawney pa. I have only been crabbing for a year but I an very into it. I have 2 75 gallon tanks now with 17 crabs. We feed only organic and keep up with the heat humidity Salt fresh water etc daily. I might possibly be interested in them where are you located?

soilentgringa

Post by soilentgringa » Sat Aug 06, 2016 2:25 pm

I received your email and posted this on the HCA FB page. Please let me know if/when they're adopted so that I can take the ad down or change the status.

Thanks!

Kbrown208

Post by Kbrown208 » Sat Aug 06, 2016 5:26 pm

I'm in the Harrisburg area. I currently have 2 55 gallon and a 29 gallon set up. We have a crab room. :). If they are still in need of a home we can help! We feed only organic and have had crabs for several years. Let me know!

Jessica

Jeepcj400s

Post by Jeepcj400s » Sun Aug 07, 2016 10:17 am

I live near Scranton. Not sure where your located. I had hermit crabs for long time. My newest crabitat I had for over 5 years. This group helped me out on giving my crabs a better living environment... I have 40 gallon tank plus isolation tank. My crabs have done allot of successful molts. If interested in talking lmk. If not have a great day.

moofluffTheEpicFluff

Post by moofluffTheEpicFluff » Wed Aug 10, 2016 10:21 am

i like all your cute little crabs :)

Topic author
batman1111

Post by batman1111 » Fri Aug 12, 2016 1:27 pm

Hi everyone, just wanted to give a quick update on the state of the adoption as I've been getting a lot of messages. I have found someone who I'm meeting with to discuss the adoption and I believe they will end up taking the crabs. I'm sorry to those who were interested because I'm sure you are all great candidates as well. However, if for whatever reason the adoption does not work out, I will contact others who have expressed interest in the adoption. I will give a status update again sometime in the next two weeks letting everyone know what's going on.

Crabby Witch

Post by Crabby Witch » Wed Sep 07, 2016 7:52 pm

batman1111 wrote:Hi everyone, just wanted to give a quick update on the state of the adoption as I've been getting a lot of messages. I have found someone who I'm meeting with to discuss the adoption and I believe they will end up taking the crabs. I'm sorry to those who were interested because I'm sure you are all great candidates as well. However, if for whatever reason the adoption does not work out, I will contact others who have expressed interest in the adoption. I will give a status update again sometime in the next two weeks letting everyone know what's going on.
So did ya adopt them all out? Y never got back to us! I'm in VA it would be a road trip, but let me know also.
THE SUN IS LIFE
THE MOON IS MAGIC
6 small PP, 3Lg/Jumbos, 6 mediums
One 18-year-old black cat & a conure