little white clump of eggs on my hermit crab

Where to post and/or get advice regarding ill hermit crab(s) that are NOT molting, streaking or dropping legs.

Topic author
Tonys Hermits

Post by Tonys Hermits » Tue Oct 07, 2014 5:27 pm

I dont think its mites i this shes pregnant does anyone know what to do during pregnancy

jenok

Post by jenok » Wed Oct 08, 2014 6:01 am

hermit crab eggs thread on hermit crab eggsHopefully these links will help you determine if you have eggs or not. It could be something else also so just gives us a little more info if you still need help.

Crabber85

Post by Crabber85 » Wed Oct 08, 2014 7:56 am

If she is heavy with eggs theirs not much you can do, she will either lay them in the substrate or if in her salt drinking water if your providing any.The eggs wont hatch in the substrate they will just dry up and die which will make the tank stink, if she deposits them in the salt water the water will immediately invade the egg casings and cause the tiny zoea to float free unfortunately they wont live long maybe two days at most because they require a special diet of phyto plankton which can't be easily found..
Hi I have autism so I tend to answer questions very directly and with little emotion so please don't think I'm being rude.
#Autism Speaks.

bbcraft22

Re: little white clump of eggs on my hermit crab

Post by bbcraft22 » Sun Sep 04, 2016 2:01 pm

can you get a picture?
"You have not lived today until you have done something for someone who can never repay you." -Jon Bunyan

soilentgringa

Re: little white clump of eggs on my hermit crab

Post by soilentgringa » Sun Sep 04, 2016 2:25 pm

bbcraft22 wrote:can you get a picture?
This was posted two years ago.

Sent from my LGLS665 using Tapatalk