Help with bubbler doing something wrong

For presenting do-it-yourself projects for your crabitat and for discussing and displaying custom built crabitats. Also for questions and reviews on equipment and products. *Stores and their reviews now have their own section in Classifieds*

PTCrabs

Re: Help with bubbler doing something wrong

Post by PTCrabs » Thu Sep 08, 2016 7:55 pm

PinchersAndShells wrote:Hmmm.... I wonder if the "Y" looking one you have works better than a "T"? I have no idea what's going on.
I'm not sure if it's better or not lol but it's working for me :-) hope it helps u!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PTCrabs

Post by PTCrabs » Thu Sep 08, 2016 7:56 pm

isadoraisacat wrote:
PTCrabs wrote:This is what I did...I also used the Walmart brand but I used a splitter pack from petsmart that came with valves that control the amt of air going through...pls don't mind the blue painters tape hahaha it helps keep the crabs in! :-)

ImageImageImageImage

Gonna have to try a gang valve thing. I guess and see if it works also need suction cups to hold the tubes up their not hurting anything but would look nicer stuck to the wall so gotta do that
PinchersAndShells wrote:
isadoraisacat wrote:Tried eve thing can't get 2 pools going was able to do my salt pool Image

I guess the fresh water will be a still pool until i can figure out what the problem maybe the 2nd airstone.

Sent from my SM-G360T1 using Tapatalk
I'm having the same problem. I got mine all set up not too long ago and only one is working. I set the pump below the tank on the shelf, and then used one line up to the tank, then connected it to a valve check, then a little more tube. Then the T valve is inside the tank splitting the tubes into two going down to the pool. Only the one in my FW pool is working??? I have an Aqua Culture single outlet one for 5-15 gallon tanks. On the box it says it should work for up to three air powered devices, yet no luck.
Let me know if you get yours figured out!
(I hope this isn't what "threadjacking" is, I'm just saying I'm having the same problem kinda. :oops: )

The suction cups also came with it :-) it was a great buy!

Topic author
isadoraisacat

Post by isadoraisacat » Thu Sep 08, 2016 8:15 pm

PTCrabs wrote:
isadoraisacat wrote:
PTCrabs wrote:This is what I did...I also used the Walmart brand but I used a splitter pack from petsmart that came with valves that control the amt of air going through...pls don't mind the blue painters tape hahaha it helps keep the crabs in! :-)

ImageImageImageImage

Gonna have to try a gang valve thing. I guess and see if it works also need suction cups to hold the tubes up their not hurting anything but would look nicer stuck to the wall so gotta do that
PinchersAndShells wrote: I'm having the same problem. I got mine all set up not too long ago and only one is working. I set the pump below the tank on the shelf, and then used one line up to the tank, then connected it to a valve check, then a little more tube. Then the T valve is inside the tank splitting the tubes into two going down to the pool. Only the one in my FW pool is working??? I have an Aqua Culture single outlet one for 5-15 gallon tanks. On the box it says it should work for up to three air powered devices, yet no luck.
Let me know if you get yours figured out!
(I hope this isn't what "threadjacking" is, I'm just saying I'm having the same problem kinda. :oops: )

The suction cups also came with it :-) it was a great buy!

Yeah def is nice for sure

Topic author
isadoraisacat

Post by isadoraisacat » Thu Sep 08, 2016 8:55 pm

PinchersAndShells wrote:Hmmm.... I wonder if the "Y" looking one you have works better than a "T"? I have no idea what's going on.
True ! My boss who is a fish t enthusiast said the t one may not have the right pressure and did mention the y kind how it may work better

PinchersAndShells

Post by PinchersAndShells » Fri Sep 09, 2016 5:23 am

isadoraisacat wrote:
True ! My boss who is a fish t enthusiast said the t one may not have the right pressure and did mention the y kind how it may work better

Well, my mom got the other air stone working by blowing harder than I did into it, granted it's not putting out the same amount of bubbles, but at least it's working. I might look into a Y one to try to get even amounts of pressure.
4 PPs + 1 E = Dusty, Momo, Seasalt, & Elvis
Captive Bred PP = Randy
75 Gallon Crabitat | Crabbing Since 8.11.2015
https://www.instagram.com/pinchersandshells/

aussieJJDude
Administrator
Administrator

Post by aussieJJDude » Fri Sep 09, 2016 6:25 am

If there is any difference, it will be marginal. ;) Remember, air (and water) is going to find the path of least resistance, whether its a Y, T or 4/6 way fitting... :) Thats why be use gang valves, to "even" out the pressures.
|| Avid Aquarist Addict (2007) || Crazy Crabbing Connoisseur (2012) || Amateur Aroid Admirer (2014) ||

"She’s there, she’s upright, and she’s wigged" ~ Trixie
Infrequently on due to studies

PinchersAndShells

Post by PinchersAndShells » Fri Sep 09, 2016 7:15 am

aussieJJDude wrote:If there is any difference, it will be marginal. ;) Remember, air (and water) is going to find the path of least resistance, whether its a Y, T or 4/6 way fitting... :) Thats why be use gang valves, to "even" out the pressures.
Ahh okay, I'll look into a gang valve.
4 PPs + 1 E = Dusty, Momo, Seasalt, & Elvis
Captive Bred PP = Randy
75 Gallon Crabitat | Crabbing Since 8.11.2015
https://www.instagram.com/pinchersandshells/

Topic author
isadoraisacat

Post by isadoraisacat » Fri Sep 09, 2016 11:02 am

aussieJJDude wrote:If there is any difference, it will be marginal. ;) Remember, air (and water) is going to find the path of least resistance, whether its a Y, T or 4/6 way fitting... :) Thats why be use gang valves, to "even" out the pressures.
Ok gonna look into that and trying to blow into the non working air stone

Topic author
isadoraisacat

Post by isadoraisacat » Fri Sep 09, 2016 4:54 pm

I also should the bubbler create a lot of condensation around the area where it is I'm worried about floods it appears the tube it's self has a lot of mist on it (i only most the moss pit when it dries out and haven't done so in days) i put lots. Of rocks around the pool and they have what looks like "morning dew " on them is this normal should i lower the amount of water in the dish its not spilling it hasn't spilled but worried the condensation it makes will flood my tank help is appreciated