Got me some new shells!

For topics on hermit crab related stores, and member reviews of them. Also for asking where to find an item. Retailers, please read the sticky regarding our rules before posting!

Topic author
LadyJinglyJones

Got me some new shells!

Post by LadyJinglyJones » Mon Sep 12, 2016 8:03 pm

Woooooo! My shells from Naples came! (So fast, too.)

I'm so excited: do you guys ever have the problem where you're reeeeeally excited about some hermit swag you've bought/made, and you try to show people, but they just do not get the Hermit Life, and they are not as excited as might be appropriate?

My roomie was not very inspired by these shells - BUT LOOK AT THEM! Is she blind to this wealth of wondrously stylish crabby potential?! Can she not envision the little legs protruding?! The eyes peering? It is madness not to be giddy at the thought.

Anyhow, the shells seem, on the whole, to be trickier to measure than I expected. They seem a teeny bit bigger than the sizing indicated.
Live'n learn.

I am so jazzed. SO jazzed!

LJJ
Last edited by LadyJinglyJones on Mon Sep 12, 2016 8:06 pm, edited 2 times in total.
"Gaze upon the rolling deep..."
Quince the fat tailed gecko; Amazonian minnows; and now Harry & Luis, Bede & Aster, Chandra & Jace, Pax, & Piccolo, my adopted PPs.
RIP Vegita :(

Giner13

Re: Got me some new shells!

Post by Giner13 » Mon Sep 12, 2016 8:04 pm

I'm the same way!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

KayedeeLove<3

Post by KayedeeLove<3 » Mon Sep 12, 2016 10:42 pm

LadyJinglyJones wrote:Woooooo! My shells from Naples came! (So fast, too.)

do you guys ever have the problem where you're reeeeeally excited about some hermit swag you've bought/made, and you try to show people, but they just do not get the Hermit Life, and they are not as excited as might be appropriate?

LJJ
Yes lol, and everybody looks at u like your crazy!

Sent from my LGMS330 using Tapatalk

soilentgringa

Post by soilentgringa » Tue Sep 13, 2016 1:45 am

I love Naples! The shells look great :D

Sent from my LGLS665 using Tapatalk

Rawrgeous

Post by Rawrgeous » Tue Sep 13, 2016 2:20 am

Lol! I'm pretty sure most of us know what it's like to have our loved ones not be "about that crab life." I get the crazy crab lady look from pretty much everyone. Honestly, I don't even tell people until they know me well because I'm tired of the whole speal of explaining the crabs and how it got started yada yada... My bestfriend just rolls her eyes. My fiance has recently come around more and more and he gets a little excited for me. XD People don't understand how awesome they be. You chose some beautiful shells by the way! :)

littletechcrab

Post by littletechcrab » Tue Sep 13, 2016 6:30 am

Great looking shells. Your crabs will be styling for sure.

Sent from my LG-H901 using Tapatalk

PinchersAndShells

Post by PinchersAndShells » Tue Sep 13, 2016 8:22 am

My friends all don't understand when I start talking about hermit crabs, and they ask me why I would want a pet you can't really (or just prefer not to) hold and love on, and I just "why do people get fish then?"

Apparently the more I talk about them the more my friends think they're cool though.
4 PPs + 1 E = Dusty, Momo, Seasalt, & Elvis
Captive Bred PP = Randy
75 Gallon Crabitat | Crabbing Since 8.11.2015
https://www.instagram.com/pinchersandshells/

Crabinski

Post by Crabinski » Tue Sep 13, 2016 12:32 pm

PinchersAndShells wrote:Apparently the more I talk about them the more my friends think they're cool though.
I was at my gastroenterologist's office last week and we started chatting and somehow got on the topic of pets. He'd assumed I was a "cat lady" and was surprised to learn I had an ancient dog and one equally ancient mouse but no cats (at the moment). However, when I mentioned hermit crabs, he was fascinated and asked a lot of questions -- like most people, he assumed that they were "whim" pets that lived in little mesh cages for a few months before they expired. As I was leaving, he thanked me for teaching him something new! If I didn't already love this doctor, I certainly would have then :D .
PPs are Big Enzo, Charles Paris and Mr Pinch
On the Big Beach in the Sky: Murray, Gino, Oscar, Gordon, Ignatz, Harry and King Felix the Pale
Also Mom to Imogene the Syrian Hamster

PinchersAndShells

Post by PinchersAndShells » Tue Sep 13, 2016 1:08 pm

Crabinski wrote:
PinchersAndShells wrote:Apparently the more I talk about them the more my friends think they're cool though.
I was at my gastroenterologist's office last week and we started chatting and somehow got on the topic of pets. He'd assumed I was a "cat lady" and was surprised to learn I had an ancient dog and one equally ancient mouse but no cats (at the moment). However, when I mentioned hermit crabs, he was fascinated and asked a lot of questions -- like most people, he assumed that they were "whim" pets that lived in little mesh cages for a few months before they expired. As I was leaving, he thanked me for teaching him something new! If I didn't already love this doctor, I certainly would have then :D .
Yeah, most of my friends who pay attention might be able to tell you how to properly take care of crabs due to me and my rambling. :oops:
4 PPs + 1 E = Dusty, Momo, Seasalt, & Elvis
Captive Bred PP = Randy
75 Gallon Crabitat | Crabbing Since 8.11.2015
https://www.instagram.com/pinchersandshells/

Topic author
LadyJinglyJones

Post by LadyJinglyJones » Tue Sep 13, 2016 1:28 pm

[/quote] Yeah, most of my friends who pay attention might be able to tell you how to properly take care of crabs due to me and my rambling. :oops:[/quote]

My boyfriend & mother are gradually getting that way... :D
Quince the fat tailed gecko; Amazonian minnows; and now Harry & Luis, Bede & Aster, Chandra & Jace, Pax, & Piccolo, my adopted PPs.

Topic author
LadyJinglyJones

Post by LadyJinglyJones » Wed Sep 14, 2016 11:01 am

LUIS CHANGED INTO THE SPOTTED TURBO! :D

isadoraisacat

Post by isadoraisacat » Wed Sep 14, 2016 11:20 am

I'm actually placing an order with them today and those shells look so nice !

Sent from my SM-G360T1 using Tapatalk

Rawrgeous

Post by Rawrgeous » Wed Sep 14, 2016 11:22 am

LadyJinglyJones wrote:Image

LUIS CHANGED INTO THE SPOTTED TURBO! :D
Looking good! Two of mine are in spotted turbos right now. I love them! They are so cute. Lol

Sent from my VS880PP using Tapatalk

robinwhiskers

Post by robinwhiskers » Thu Sep 15, 2016 1:52 pm

Those are pretty shells!
Rest in peace, Brigadier (adopted on 9/21/15)
Rest in peace, Lola (9/21/15) (adopted on 9/21/15)
Rest in peace, Harley (adopted on 4/29/16)
Rest in peace, Acuff (adopted in 5/20)

PTCrabs

Post by PTCrabs » Sat Sep 17, 2016 5:55 pm

Those are so pretty!!! I'm so scared to order on line...I've only done it 1x through Etsy and they look HUGE! Lol but they are exactly what I asked for so what do ya do? Lol oh well I'll need them at some point...gonna try this place though! Thx for sharing!

Ps...I totally know how u feel...no one gets excited but me lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk