? species new hermie new crabber

Please post here if you are a new crab owner and someone will be along shortly to welcome you to the HCA! This is also the place to welcome new crabbies to your clan!

Topic author
Crabobsessed

? species new hermie new crabber

Post by Crabobsessed » Fri Nov 25, 2016 6:22 pm

Hi I am new to this website, this is the first time I am posting and I have only been crabbing since June. I have learned so much off of the site. Anyways we got a new addition and I am not familiar with all of the different species. I assume she is a p.p is but she acts completely different. She tunnels and tunnels and tear up the crabitat flipping the food bowl over jumps in the water. Does not appear to be nocturnal at all. She will get in the food bowl and start eating and just stare at me while eating but the biggest thing is the amount of tunneling she does. It's not like she's burying herself like a molt or destress it is just go down on one side did for a couple of hours and come up somewhere else run to eat play a bit and do it all over again. My other 3 Crabs all changed shell immediately and have changed shells numerous times. This one doesn't even pay attention to the shells. Looking at her choice and shells I thought she would change the first night and she appears to like that big heavy thing.
Hi, I've shared 1 photo via Photobucket. Please click the link to view photos: http://share.photobucket.com/shareprofi ... d=MzA1NDQ=

I just downloaded Photobucket to be able to post these pictures so I pray I did it right I am getting ready to hit send LOL it should be the link to my picture :-)
Last edited by Crabobsessed on Fri Nov 25, 2016 11:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Topic author
Crabobsessed

Re: ? species new hermie new crabber

Post by Crabobsessed » Fri Nov 25, 2016 6:34 pm

Hi, I've shared 1 photo via Photobucket. Please click the link to view photos: http://share.photobucket.com/shareprofi ... d=MzA1NDM=

aussieJJDude
Administrator
Administrator

Post by aussieJJDude » Fri Nov 25, 2016 7:12 pm

Links aren't working?
For example mine:

Code: Select all

http://s1342.photobucket.com/user/aussieJJDude/profile/
replace the part "aussieJJDude" with your user name, and it should work. :)
|| Avid Aquarist Addict (2007) || Crazy Crabbing Connoisseur (2012) || Amateur Aroid Admirer (2014) ||

"She’s there, she’s upright, and she’s wigged" ~ Trixie
Infrequently on due to studies

kieagcarm

Post by kieagcarm » Fri Nov 25, 2016 9:34 pm

I believe that's a pp

Sent from my C5215 using Tapatalk
"Judge a man not by his answers, but by his questions."

Topic author
Crabobsessed

Post by Crabobsessed » Fri Nov 25, 2016 11:07 pm

Thanks, I'm hoping purple pincher just because my other three are. But I believe that the other link working correctly now so there is a picture of the BP

daws409

Post by daws409 » Fri Nov 25, 2016 11:39 pm

Definitely a PP. All crabs (no matter species) have different personalities and they can come in a variety of colors. Shy Guy never likes to be seen and Digger acts just as you described yours.
Crabbing since Dec. 2010!
35 Crabbies - 28 PP's, 2 E's, 2 Straw's, 1 Viola, & 2 Indo's

PinchersAndShells

Post by PinchersAndShells » Sat Nov 26, 2016 2:30 am

Link doesn't work here either.
4 PPs + 1 E = Dusty, Momo, Seasalt, & Elvis
Captive Bred PP = Randy
75 Gallon Crabitat | Crabbing Since 8.11.2015
https://www.instagram.com/pinchersandshells/

Topic author
Crabobsessed

Post by Crabobsessed » Sat Nov 26, 2016 7:39 am

I'm sorry, did you try both links? I don't know why some people can get the pictures. Makes me think one link works and one doesnt

Rawrgeous

Post by Rawrgeous » Sun Nov 27, 2016 2:58 am

It worked fine for me on my Pc. It is a pretty purple pincher! :) Perhaps it will be molting time soon, and she is "practicing" by digging and finding the right spot.