What are your crabs up to?

Where we discuss the behavior of our hermit crabs, as in fights, pecking orders, shell swaps, etc. Please post all naked-crab posts in the Emergency forum.

Just Jay

Re: What are your crabs up to?

Post by Just Jay » Tue Nov 22, 2016 12:05 pm

Visual wrote:Three out of my four are down as well. My fourth is just out to confuse me. Hahah changing hiding places, picking at his food and acting depressed. Maybe he's lonely.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk
I know my sweet Tina was definitely lonely. It was kinda sad to see her looking in my other crabs usual hiding spots to find no one. Just like i think my largest two crab sre pretty close so Uu might have gone down to molt because Hermione had gone down. They are so cute. At least its given me time alone with Tina so she's much more comfortable with me now.

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

Giner13

Post by Giner13 » Tue Nov 22, 2016 12:07 pm

Kermie16 wrote:
Giner13 wrote:Yay!!!! After 7-8 weeks one of my boys has surfaced!! Can't tell which yet as he was hiding under their big rock dish. But there was a trail showing movement so I followed to find a crabbie!! Hooray for successful molts!!
Now to wait for the other so I can maybe see which is who haha

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Awesome! Congrats:):) - still waiting on one of mine who has been down since the beginning of August Image

Since August??Image

Kermie16

Post by Kermie16 » Wed Nov 23, 2016 9:22 pm

Giner13 wrote:
Kermie16 wrote:
Giner13 wrote:Yay!!!! After 7-8 weeks one of my boys has surfaced!! Can't tell which yet as he was hiding under their big rock dish. But there was a trail showing movement so I followed to find a crabbie!! Hooray for successful molts!!
Now to wait for the other so I can maybe see which is who haha

Awesome! Congrats:):) - still waiting on one of mine who has been down since the beginning of August Image

Since August??Image

Yeah. It's been a long while since we saw Chime. He had a second successful molt in my 20 g so when my 55 g was ready and stable, I moved him in - he was the first one in the big tank. 2 of his buddies came up about a week later, and they were finally all together when Chime decided to ga back down for another molt. Haven't seen him since. Trying to stay positive. He's about the size of a large medium PP. our other guy Mike took 12 weeks so guessing Chime will take a bit longer. The waiting game is on...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Giner13

Post by Giner13 » Sat Nov 26, 2016 10:25 pm

Did some "Christmas" shopping for my hermies today, especially since Peanut just resurfaced (Capt still down!)
Bought the huge cave thing on clearance, and a Christmas tree!! Renovated and all quickly & easily as possible since Peanut was out in the open (he's in the beautiful pearly turbo nearest the new cave.
Then he peeked out at me!! Look at his eyes!!ImageImageImageImage

kieagcarm

Post by kieagcarm » Sat Nov 26, 2016 11:11 pm

Giner13 wrote:Did some "Christmas" shopping for my hermies today, especially since Peanut just resurfaced (Capt still down!)
Bought the huge cave thing on clearance, and a Christmas tree!! Renovated and all quickly & easily as possible since Peanut was out in the open (he's in the beautiful pearly turbo nearest the new cave.

That is super Nice, where did you get it? I also like your rock formation feed bowls

Sent from my C5215 using Tapatalk
"Judge a man not by his answers, but by his questions."

Giner13

Post by Giner13 » Sat Nov 26, 2016 11:11 pm

kieagcarm wrote:
Giner13 wrote:Did some "Christmas" shopping for my hermies today, especially since Peanut just resurfaced (Capt still down!)

That is super Nice, where did you get it? I also like your rock formation feed bowls

All from petsmart in SC!

Giner13

Post by Giner13 » Sat Nov 26, 2016 11:12 pm

And thanks! I was excited about it too!

Kermie16

Post by Kermie16 » Sun Nov 27, 2016 12:22 am

Very cool! What lucky hermies!! Obviously Peanut was interested in the new goodies He's looking good, Giner13. Btw, I still haven't totally forgiven him for the rollercoaster of a shock this past summer , but I'm working on that

LadyJinglyJones

Post by LadyJinglyJones » Sun Nov 27, 2016 12:38 am

First, Giner13 - your tat looks great! I need a Christmas tree for mine!

Okay, so I'm pretty sure Luis is molting, he's been down so long. Then Harry disappeared too, for ages, and I had no indication that either were comming up to eat... until Harry returned topside today.... and STILL hasn't molted. He's whitish, missing most of his leg tips has no hair, and in short, is the most bedraggled little hermit. I've been waiting since August for him to moult. Gah.

But he's changed shells three times, so there's that.
Keep your fingers crossed for Luis! :)
"Gaze upon the rolling deep..."
Quince the fat tailed gecko; Amazonian minnows; and now Harry & Luis, Bede & Aster, Chandra & Jace, Pax, & Piccolo, my adopted PPs.
RIP Vegita :(

Visual

Post by Visual » Sun Nov 27, 2016 12:50 am

Sheldon has re-emerged! He had been under in my previous lone 10gal but when I found him coming up to eat, carefully transitioned him to my new set up. He quickly went straight back down. I love late night potty breaks now that I have hermies. It's the only time I can catch them active aaand they keep me entertained. I hope he's up for awhile now it's been about 2 months.

Sometimes there's fire, sometimes there's rain
www.loverochambeau.com

LadyJinglyJones

Post by LadyJinglyJones » Sun Nov 27, 2016 1:14 am

Visual wrote:Sheldon has re-emerged! He had been under in my previous lone 10gal but when I found him coming up to eat, carefully transitioned him to my new set up. He quickly went straight back down. I love late night potty breaks now that I have hermies. It's the only time I can catch them active aaand they keep me entertained. I hope he's up for awhile now it's been about 2 months.

Did he molt?
"Gaze upon the rolling deep..."
Quince the fat tailed gecko; Amazonian minnows; and now Harry & Luis, Bede & Aster, Chandra & Jace, Pax, & Piccolo, my adopted PPs.
RIP Vegita :(

Crabobsessed

Post by Crabobsessed » Sun Nov 27, 2016 1:16 am

I thought this would be a good chance to see if I got my Photobucket working. My newest addition lemon is still in iso and she has the most hyper crab I've ever known. After reading the forum I came over to see what she was doing
she was clinging to a plant that she could no way climb because she's too big. She finally gave up and then made her way to take a bath but in the process got in a fight with an empty shell that was in her way. Then she started the scratching along the glass as she was walking.. I saw other people post about that and thought that was so funny because she does that same thing. Will stretch her leg and scratch all the way down the glass. Then finally made her way to take a bath and then back up on some Cholla wood. All in 5 min :D so I'm going to attempt to post a picture. I'm not sure if it will work
Hi, I've shared 1 photo via Photobucket . Please click the link to view photos: http://share.photobucket.com/shareprofi ... d=MzEwNDI=

I just checked it and it appears that that was the link to her scratching the glass. Definitely not the cutest picture but it was the one that worked

kieagcarm

Post by kieagcarm » Sun Nov 27, 2016 7:08 am

Crabobsessed wrote:I thought this would be a good chance to see if I got my Photobucket working. My newest addition lemon is still in iso and she has the most hyper crab I've ever known. After reading the forum I came over to see what she was doing
she was clinging to a plant that she could no way climb because she's too big. She finally gave up and then made her way to take a bath but in the process got in a fight with an empty shell that was in her way. Then she started the scratching along the glass as she was walking.. I saw other people post about that and thought that was so funny because she does that same thing. Will stretch her leg and scratch all the way down the glass. Then finally made her way to take a bath and then back up on some Cholla wood. All in 5 min :D so I'm going to attempt to post a picture. I'm not sure if it will work
Hi, I've shared 1 photo via Photobucket . Please click the link to view photos: http://share.photobucket.com/shareprofi ... d=MzEwNDI=

I just checked it and it appears that that was the link to her scratching the glass. Definitely not the cutest picture but it was the one that worked
It worked for me, I used to get worried they were trying to get out when scratching the glass, but hopefully they are just being their weird selvesImage

"Judge a man not by his answers, but by his questions."

Giner13

Post by Giner13 » Sun Nov 27, 2016 7:51 am

@Kermie16 he is but I understand lack of forgiveness!! That was a wild ride he gave us!!

@LadyJinglyJones they have them at petsmart!
And let's root for your guys. Sounds like they need it!!

Visual

Post by Visual » Sun Nov 27, 2016 7:59 am

LadyJinglyJones wrote:
Visual wrote:Sheldon has re-emerged! He had been under in my previous lone 10gal but when I found him coming up to eat, carefully transitioned him to my new set up. He quickly went straight back down. I love late night potty breaks now that I have hermies. It's the only time I can catch them active aaand they keep me entertained. I hope he's up for awhile now it's been about 2 months.

Did he molt?
:( I'm not sure how to tell. I'm assuming so because of the long stay and he wasn't re emerging to eat at night as far as I could tell. I also didn't flip on the light. I didn't want to stop the commotion. I have a night bulb but it makes things hard to see.

Sometimes there's fire, sometimes there's rain
www.loverochambeau.com