What are your crabs up to?

Where we discuss the behavior of our hermit crabs, as in fights, pecking orders, shell swaps, etc. Please post all naked-crab posts in the Emergency forum.

Giner13

Re: What are your crabs up to?

Post by Giner13 » Sun Nov 27, 2016 9:20 am

@Visual does he appear pale-ish or so?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Visual

Post by Visual » Sun Nov 27, 2016 9:36 am

Giner13 wrote:@Visual does he appear pale-ish or so?

He actually seemed brighter if that makes sense. My blue/purple bulb for night makes it hard to tell. I've only had him for about five months. We'll I've only been crabbing for 5 months. Lol can it take them this long to de-stress?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk
Sometimes there's fire, sometimes there's rain
www.loverochambeau.com

Giner13

Post by Giner13 » Sun Nov 27, 2016 9:39 am

Visual wrote:
Giner13 wrote:@Visual does he appear pale-ish or so?

He actually seemed brighter if that makes sense. My blue/purple bulb for night makes it hard to tell. I've only had him for about five months. We'll I've only been crabbing for 5 months. Lol can it take them this long to de-stress?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk
Brighter is a good thing lol
It can depending on where you got the crab. It's possible he went down digging to de stress & check out the new tat. Mine both did that after I got them. Then I could tell when they went down to molt because I would change out food & it would mold after a couple days going untouched lol
It's possible he is brighter after being in a better environment & with better food.

GabyRaven

Post by GabyRaven » Sun Nov 27, 2016 11:39 pm

Guys I think Tuna is under for a molt! I can't find him and there's a mound of sand where there was a hole yesterday, so I think he's down in there somewhere :) This'll be the first molt my crabs have done with me!

LadyJinglyJones

Post by LadyJinglyJones » Sun Nov 27, 2016 11:45 pm

Good luck to you & your crab, GabyRaven!! :luck::
"Gaze upon the rolling deep..."
Quince the fat tailed gecko; Amazonian minnows; and now Harry & Luis, Bede & Aster, Chandra & Jace, Pax, & Piccolo, my adopted PPs.
RIP Vegita :(

GabyRaven

Post by GabyRaven » Mon Nov 28, 2016 6:26 am

Thank you!!

Kermie16

Post by Kermie16 » Mon Nov 28, 2016 7:49 am

GabyRaven wrote:Guys I think Tuna is under for a molt! I can't find him and there's a mound of sand where there was a hole yesterday, so I think he's down in there somewhere :) This'll be the first molt my crabs have done with me!

Ooooo!! Exciting!! Good luck and hope everything goes well! We will be looking forward to some after molt pics Image

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

GabyRaven

Post by GabyRaven » Mon Nov 28, 2016 8:21 am

I'll make sure to take some, he's so cute :)

Just Jay

Post by Just Jay » Mon Nov 28, 2016 7:23 pm

Ugh. So back to "pet sand"
Decided to redo the tank last night. [Was missing my crabs hahahaa and needed to clean the SW pool] tonight or tomorrow im going to add my coco matting to help with insulating and raising the temp a little.

Just the little bit i did last night...the lonely hamster wheel no ones up to use lol

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

Kermie16

Post by Kermie16 » Mon Nov 28, 2016 9:41 pm

Wow! Looks nice:)

Just Jay

Post by Just Jay » Mon Nov 28, 2016 10:45 pm

thanks so much! i feel like it just looks crowded in pictures and is kinda hard to really see all of whats going on. but over all im happy with it :crabbigsmile:

DarthCrabber

Post by DarthCrabber » Mon Dec 05, 2016 7:40 pm

This is what my crabs are up to tonight. Being weird lol. Charlie (in the striped snail shell) came to me missing the bottom part of his little legs. He's molted and made a full recovery! I just got my order from crabvilla today, so they'll be getting some new treats for dinner :)

Kermie16

Post by Kermie16 » Mon Dec 05, 2016 8:10 pm

Looks like crabbie heaven I have never ordered from crabvilla before. What is ur experience with them?

DarthCrabber

Post by DarthCrabber » Mon Dec 05, 2016 9:31 pm

Kermie16 wrote:Looks like crabbie heavenImage I have never ordered from crabvilla before. What is ur experience with them?

Thank you Kermie! My order just came in this morning. She has a great deal with 14 bags for $12.50, which is what I got. The bags are a fairly nice size as well. My order got to me in just over a week (with USPS misplacing my package for a few days...) so that's a definite plus! I just put the food in a bit ago, no one is awake yet to touch it. I filled the calcium dish with the calcium mix, and put some of the nutty protein mix and apple mix in their bowl. I'll update you in the morning!

Kermie16

Post by Kermie16 » Mon Dec 05, 2016 9:43 pm

DarthCrabber wrote:
Kermie16 wrote:Looks like crabbie heavenImage I have never ordered from crabvilla before. What is ur experience with them?

Thank you Kermie! My order just came in this morning. She has a great deal with 14 bags for $12.50, which is what I got. The bags are a fairly nice size as well. My order got to me in just over a week (with USPS misplacing my package for a few days...) so that's a definite plus! I just put the food in a bit ago, no one is awake yet to touch it. I filled the calcium dish with the calcium mix, and put some of the nutty protein mix and apple mix in their bowl. I'll update you in the morning!
Sounds good! I'm gonna check out their store Image