What are your crabs up to?

Where we discuss the behavior of our hermit crabs, as in fights, pecking orders, shell swaps, etc. Please post all naked-crab posts in the Emergency forum.

Giner13

Re: What are your crabs up to?

Post by Giner13 » Fri Dec 16, 2016 10:08 pm

Fun times!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

kieagcarm

Post by kieagcarm » Sat Dec 17, 2016 9:33 am

I have two molters finally up, bellatrix for 4 days and Athena 2, and I don't think they have slept yet still up moving exploring and going strong

Sent from my C5215 using Tapatalk
"Judge a man not by his answers, but by his questions."

Giner13

Post by Giner13 » Sat Dec 17, 2016 9:44 pm

Just returned home from a 2 day trip to see family for Christmas...Peanut was checking out a nice new brown turbo!!ImageImageImage

LadyJinglyJones

Post by LadyJinglyJones » Sun Dec 18, 2016 12:33 am

Giner13 - I looooooves the last picture!!
You should crop it & make it your holiday avatar! Sooo cute! I even made my indifferent boyfriend look at it. :wink:
"Gaze upon the rolling deep..."
Quince the fat tailed gecko; Amazonian minnows; and now Harry & Luis, Bede & Aster, Chandra & Jace, Pax, & Piccolo, my adopted PPs.
RIP Vegita :(

LadyJinglyJones

Post by LadyJinglyJones » Sun Dec 18, 2016 12:39 am

MooneyFamily wrote:
Giner13 wrote:
MooneyFamily wrote:Image
Julio is enjoying some honey covered blood worms and krill! Had to make an emergency trip to get another UTH for the new tat, it's very very cold in MI right now!

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk
Glad you got em covered for heat!! Brrrrr!!!!
And honey covered blood worms sounds delish!ImageI'm sure they're loving it!!

Right now my Peanut is hooked on lavender!!

That sounds good! I ought to try that!

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk
I am deff. trying honey covered bloodworms.... though I havta be careful because bloodworms give me burning hives!

Also, love the pic! :cloud9:
"Gaze upon the rolling deep..."
Quince the fat tailed gecko; Amazonian minnows; and now Harry & Luis, Bede & Aster, Chandra & Jace, Pax, & Piccolo, my adopted PPs.
RIP Vegita :(

Erin9712

Post by Erin9712 » Sun Dec 18, 2016 3:43 am

It's 3:40 AM and thunderstorming. My crabs are acting wild. All tanks are currently destroyed. One crab is locked onto the tank lid so it's completely shut from the inside. The large saltwater bowl was turned upside down (nobody is under thank goodness) and I have no way to fix it right now. I'm having another stand off with one crab trying to escape. It's been an interesting night.

Kermie16

Post by Kermie16 » Sun Dec 18, 2016 7:10 am

Giner13, Peanut looks beautiful in his new shell and he looks like he grew so much from the first time you got him! Erin9712, sounds like the crabs had an awesome storm party

Giner13

Post by Giner13 » Sun Dec 18, 2016 7:53 am

LadyJinglyJones wrote:Giner13 - I looooooves the last picture!!
You should crop it & make it your holiday avatar! Sooo cute! I even made my indifferent boyfriend look at it. :wink:
Awwww thanks!!

Giner13

Post by Giner13 » Sun Dec 18, 2016 7:53 am

Erin9712 wrote:It's 3:40 AM and thunderstorming. My crabs are acting wild. All tanks are currently destroyed. One crab is locked onto the tank lid so it's completely shut from the inside. The large saltwater bowl was turned upside down (nobody is under thank goodness) and I have no way to fix it right now. I'm having another stand off with one crab trying to escape. It's been an interesting night.

What a wild time!!

Erin9712

Post by Erin9712 » Sun Dec 18, 2016 4:21 pm

Giner13 wrote:
Erin9712 wrote:It's 3:40 AM and thunderstorming. My crabs are acting wild. All tanks are currently destroyed. One crab is locked onto the tank lid so it's completely shut from the inside. The large saltwater bowl was turned upside down (nobody is under thank goodness) and I have no way to fix it right now. I'm having another stand off with one crab trying to escape. It's been an interesting night.

What a wild time!!

Yup, and when I woke up this afternoon, everybody had changed shells. It's funny how much they love (or are affected by) thunderstorms.

SonnyRayTWH

What are your crabs up to?

Post by SonnyRayTWH » Mon Dec 19, 2016 6:06 pm

New rescues I got from my friend! 2 of the 6 ,Sunny is the Black and Tan spiky shell, and Spider(in the blue shell but is now in a different one), have already changed shells and I think one is already underground. By the by the 2 red dishes are temporary
ImageImageImage

Last edited by SonnyRayTWH on Mon Dec 19, 2016 6:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PinchersAndShells

Post by PinchersAndShells » Thu Dec 22, 2016 8:39 pm

So I was going to change out the food bowl, and I was picking up a banana chip that was drug away and then saw something else so I decided to grab that too. I picked it up to find out that it was Enoch's shell packed full of sand, and then immediately started searching for a dead body. He couldn't have changed on the substrate because all of the shells are in the shell shop on the other side of the 'tat, and I didn't even think he could get out of that with two shells. Well I lifted up the cork round and guess who's sitting there in a tunnel with a new shell? I don't know how he did it, but it sure as heck freaked me out.

TL;DR: My crab gave me a heartattack
4 PPs + 1 E = Dusty, Momo, Seasalt, & Elvis
Captive Bred PP = Randy
75 Gallon Crabitat | Crabbing Since 8.11.2015
https://www.instagram.com/pinchersandshells/

Kermie16

Post by Kermie16 » Thu Dec 22, 2016 9:10 pm

Lol! That's pretty funny, PinchersandShells! Mike I believe is trying the mannequin challenge. He's been sitting in the same spot for like 30 mins now. Not hiding in his shell. Just looking with feelers just kinda twitching ever so slightly. I think he's winning the challenge

shanedaman112

Post by shanedaman112 » Thu Dec 22, 2016 9:26 pm

Kermie16 wrote:Lol! That's pretty funny, PinchersandShells! Mike I believe is trying the mannequin challenge. He's been sitting in the same spot for like 30 mins now. Not hiding in his shell. Just looking with feelers just kinda twitching ever so slightly. I think he's winning the challenge Image
True story: my crab strawberry literally hung off the roof in the exact same spot for nearly 24 hours when finally I took him off myself.. Must have been exhausting.
2 small PPs: Leonardo, Biscuit
3 medium to large PPs: Kermit Rocketson, Lulu, Strawberry (named because he is red, not actually a straw)
1 Neon Tetra: Stevie. 1 Crawfish: Larry
R.I.P. Larry, Crabby, and Hermie (all PPs) O'mally (Neon Tetra) John Cena(Crawfish)

Kermie16

Post by Kermie16 » Thu Dec 22, 2016 10:17 pm

shanedaman112 wrote:
Kermie16 wrote:Lol! That's pretty funny, PinchersandShells! Mike I believe is trying the mannequin challenge. He's been sitting in the same spot for like 30 mins now. Not hiding in his shell. Just looking with feelers just kinda twitching ever so slightly. I think he's winning the challenge Image
True story: my crab strawberry literally hung off the roof in the exact same spot for nearly 24 hours when finally I took him off myself.. Must have been exhausting.
ImageImageImage