Hermie's Kitchen Unpackaging!

For topics on hermit crab related stores, and member reviews of them. Also for asking where to find an item. Retailers, please read the sticky regarding our rules before posting!

Topic author
soilentgringa

Hermie's Kitchen Unpackaging!

Post by soilentgringa » Wed Mar 22, 2017 9:25 pm

Hermie's Kitchen recently had a free shipping code and I needed to reup some proteins so I thought I'd check 'em out.

I've known Lacey (the owner) for a while online and received a bunch of samples from HK in a Secret Santa type swap last year.

I placed the order on 3/4 and received it on 3/22. There was a blizzard, however and she lives in New York state so I am not at all upset about the shipping time. The etsy shop states that items should arrive within 10 business days, usually.

The cats are very interested in the package; I could hardly get a photo. One is in my lap now trying to open a baggie.

The baggies were placed in this nice little blue sack and there was a thank you card from Hermie J. Hermueson (the chef and mascot of Hermie's Kitchen), a card with a nutrition chart and some other info that will take a magnifying glass for me to read, and a business card for HK.

I ordered 5 items and paid a total (with tax) of about $17.

She threw in two free items with my order, a bag of acorns and a Crabiversary cookie (or is it a cake?).

I ordered the Crab Lord mix, Seafood Platter, Rusty's Down by the Bay mix, Foot Fetish mix, and the Seafood Medley. They are all delightfully stinky in the way that only dried sealife can be. I am sure my crabs are going to swarm the dishes.

My tank is a mess right now but I will take a few more pics once my phone is charged enough for the flash to work.

Sent from my LGMS550 using Tapatalk

PTCrabs

Re: Hermie's Kitchen Unpackaging!

Post by PTCrabs » Wed Mar 22, 2017 9:27 pm

soilentgringa wrote:Hermie's Kitchen recently had a free shipping code and I needed to reup some proteins so I thought I'd check 'em out.

I've known Lacey (the owner) for a while online and received a bunch of samples from HK in a Secret Santa type swap last year.

I placed the order on 3/4 and received it on 3/22. There was a blizzard, however and she lives in New York state so I am not at all upset about the shipping time. The etsy shop states that items should arrive within 10 business days, usually.

The cats are very interested in the package; I could hardly get a photo. One is in my lap now trying to open a baggie.

The baggies were placed in this nice little blue sack and there was a thank you card from Hermie J. Hermueson (the chef and mascot of Hermie's Kitchen), a card with a nutrition chart and some other info that will take a magnifying glass for me to read, and a business card for HK.

I ordered 5 items and paid a total (with tax) of about $17.

She threw in two free items with my order, a bag of acorns and a Crabiversary cookie (or is it a cake?).

I ordered the Crab Lord mix, Seafood Platter, Rusty's Down by the Bay mix, Foot Fetish mix, and the Seafood Medley. They are all delightfully stinky in the way that only dried sealife can be. I am sure my crabs are going to swarm the dishes.

My tank is a mess right now but I will take a few more pics once my phone is charged enough for the flash to work.

My crabs love their food! Price is great and it's all very fresh so I don't mind waiting :-)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

AML

Post by AML » Wed Mar 22, 2017 9:28 pm

My cats love my hermieskitchen bag whenever I open it up they come running lol

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Topic author
soilentgringa

Post by soilentgringa » Wed Mar 22, 2017 9:32 pm

Oh yeah my crabs loved all the last stuff we had. I had to stop ordering food for a while because one of our members here, Wodesorel (inactive) runs the Hermit Crab Garden and I'd gotten GIANT bags of mixes from her. I basically just allowed myself to run out of crab specific food so that I could order fresh from different vendors.

I am going to start reviewing them and chatting with owners to make sure their ingredients are safe/responsibly sourced, etc.

LadyJinglyJones

Post by LadyJinglyJones » Wed Mar 22, 2017 9:41 pm

Love it!
Really looking forward to the reviews!! :D
"Gaze upon the rolling deep..."
Quince the fat tailed gecko; Amazonian minnows; and now Harry & Luis, Bede & Aster, Chandra & Jace, Pax, & Piccolo, my adopted PPs.
RIP Vegita :(

Hermiearth

Post by Hermiearth » Wed Mar 22, 2017 10:12 pm

Awesome! I was thinking about making a etsy food but hermieskitchen would be hard competition for sure...

Topic author
soilentgringa

Post by soilentgringa » Wed Mar 22, 2017 10:20 pm

My crabs are jerks and kicked sand into the dish immediately.

I ended up making two dishes because some underground crebs came up recently so they seem ravenous.

But so far so good!

Lacey has really good customer service and great reviews on Etsy. Will definitely purchase again but will have to ask about bulk orders as I've gone through the entire package of Seafood Platter already!

KayedeeLove<3

Post by KayedeeLove<3 » Wed Mar 22, 2017 11:29 pm

Hermies kitchen is deffinetly amazing! They always send extras. They respond to questions quickly! Also, the packaging is just very pleasing! Plus the dried food helps cut down on tank intruders. Hope your crabs enjoy!!!!
Cute crabbies btw :)

Sent from my SM-G550T1 using Tapatalk

Kermie16

Post by Kermie16 » Thu Mar 23, 2017 8:38 pm

Love all of the pics and I would definitely be interested in reading your reviews on the different vendors! Ur crabbies are cute!!

GotButterflies
Administrator
Administrator

Post by GotButterflies » Fri Mar 24, 2017 7:41 am

Great idea! Love the info and the pictures!

Truly blessed to have incredible creatures, wonderful friends and my amazing family in my life!! I'm very thankful & grateful for all of them! www.thehealthyhermit.com