Tulips?

For any and all questions about feeding, diet and different foods. Questions and posts about purchasing from stores should be made in the Shopping section.

Topic author
HermitCrabAddicted

Tulips?

Post by HermitCrabAddicted » Mon Apr 17, 2017 2:55 pm

I received some tulips on Easter, and I saw they are on the safe list to give on here, but I have also read where people say they are dangerous to give to hermit crabs. I was going to give them some once they start wilting, but thought I should ask just to be sure.

Thanks!
Happy mother to 4 PPs and 2 Straws, 2 Ferrets, 1 Hedgehog, , 1 frog, and 1 ball python

Life is not complete without a "few" critters!

soilentgringa

Re: Tulips?

Post by soilentgringa » Mon Apr 17, 2017 5:44 pm

HermitCrabAddicted wrote:I received some tulips on Easter, and I saw they are on the safe list to give on here, but I have also read where people say they are dangerous to give to hermit crabs. I was going to give them some once they start wilting, but thought I should ask just to be sure.

Thanks!
If you do not know where or how they were grown, do not feed them to the crabs. Plant foods/fertilizers/pesticides may have been used on the commercial crops for sale.

Sent from my LGMS550 using Tapatalk

Topic author
HermitCrabAddicted

Post by HermitCrabAddicted » Mon Apr 17, 2017 7:09 pm

That's what I figured, thanks so much!
Happy mother to 4 PPs and 2 Straws, 2 Ferrets, 1 Hedgehog, , 1 frog, and 1 ball python

Life is not complete without a "few" critters!

GotButterflies
Administrator
Administrator

Post by GotButterflies » Tue Apr 18, 2017 6:19 am

You can make it organic over the next 3-4 months if you switch out the soil and use earthworm castings and bat guano as fertilizer

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Truly blessed to have incredible creatures, wonderful friends and my amazing family in my life!! I'm very thankful & grateful for all of them! www.thehealthyhermit.com