Not eating

Where we discuss the behavior of our hermit crabs, as in fights, pecking orders, shell swaps, etc. Please post all naked-crab posts in the Emergency forum.

GotButterflies
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Not eating

Post by GotButterflies » Sun Dec 24, 2017 12:17 am

Sounds to me like they are cold

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Truly blessed to have incredible creatures, wonderful friends and my amazing family in my life!! I'm very thankful & grateful for all of them! www.thehealthyhermit.com

Topic author
Hermiesguardian

Post by Hermiesguardian » Sun Dec 24, 2017 1:44 am

GotButterflies wrote:Sounds to me like they are cold

Temp has been 80-82 deg and humidity has been over 80. When I open the lid it feels like a greenhouse in there.
raising son's dog, Dante. Husky/hound.
Raising daughter's hermit crabs, Shelder, Paras and Derek. Added 2 more of my own (of course) Pete and Stryper. Former mommy to 2 guinea pigs and beloved cat, Nissi

GotButterflies
Administrator
Administrator

Post by GotButterflies » Sun Dec 24, 2017 11:45 am

Hermiesguardian wrote:

Temp has been 80-82 deg and humidity has been over 80. When I open the lid it feels like a greenhouse in there.
Are you positive that your thermometer is correct? If so, try not to worry about it. Hermit crabs eat almost anything that is in their tank. They will not starve themselves. :)

Truly blessed to have incredible creatures, wonderful friends and my amazing family in my life!! I'm very thankful & grateful for all of them! www.thehealthyhermit.com

piratetoothgir

Post by piratetoothgir » Sun Dec 24, 2017 3:32 pm

I’ve seen that my crabs like olive oil, peppers, but I got most success out of coconut, and zucchini. One of my crabs tasted some apples yesterday. Eggs were also a big success!
Crabber Since 2016
7 Caribbeans & 2 Ecuadorians
I am the proud owner of my hermit crabs, aquarium fish, and isopod totes!

Topic author
Hermiesguardian

Post by Hermiesguardian » Mon Dec 25, 2017 12:45 am

GotButterflies wrote:
Hermiesguardian wrote:

Are you positive that your thermometer is correct? If so, try not to worry about it. Hermit crabs eat almost anything that is in their tank. They will not starve themselves. :)

We calibrated them today. And I'm glad they won't starve themselves. And I finally did see evidence of eating. :banana:
raising son's dog, Dante. Husky/hound.
Raising daughter's hermit crabs, Shelder, Paras and Derek. Added 2 more of my own (of course) Pete and Stryper. Former mommy to 2 guinea pigs and beloved cat, Nissi