Best Programmable Power Strip Timer?

This is where you discuss the conditions of your crabitat -- temperature, humidity, substrate, decorating, etc.

Topic author
GreatVegetable

Best Programmable Power Strip Timer?

Post by GreatVegetable » Sun Mar 18, 2018 2:01 pm

Hello,

I recently bought a zoomed repticare terrarium controller and it was faulty, after reading some reviews about them ans several other brands, I found all have their quirks.
The programming is no problem I just need one that actually works.
I just want to use one to control my fogger, 15 mins every 6 hrs.
Any recommendations on brands, or digital vs analog?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

wodesorel
Tech Support
Tech Support

Re: Best Programmable Power Strip Timer?

Post by wodesorel » Sun Mar 18, 2018 2:55 pm

I just use the ones found at hardware stores! I am not sure if they make them in 15 minute increments though, mine do 30. Analogues can't really fail, you just pop up and down the little tabs according to when you want it on. I even have one I dropped and lost a few tabs on, and it worked fine once I moved the tabs to when I wanted it on, without them it is off.
Want to see all my crazy pets? @waywardwaifs on Instagram

Topic author
GreatVegetable

Post by GreatVegetable » Sun Mar 18, 2018 5:21 pm

wodesorel wrote:I just use the ones found at hardware stores! I am not sure if they make them in 15 minute increments though, mine do 30. Analogues can't really fail, you just pop up and down the little tabs according to when you want it on. I even have one I dropped and lost a few tabs on, and it worked fine once I moved the tabs to when I wanted it on, without them it is off.
On the analog ones, does the dial actually move like a traditional timer, or does it remain stationary at whatever time you set it to?
Mine isn't moving, hence why I believe it is faulty.

wodesorel
Tech Support
Tech Support

Post by wodesorel » Sun Mar 18, 2018 8:18 pm

It moves around just like a clock, with the current time needing to be set by spinning it to where the arrow is. There is something at that arrow where the tabs physically click the supply of power on and off as they pass it based on if they are set up or down.
Want to see all my crazy pets? @waywardwaifs on Instagram

Topic author
GreatVegetable

Post by GreatVegetable » Mon Mar 19, 2018 12:16 pm

wodesorel wrote:It moves around just like a clock, with the current time needing to be set by spinning it to where the arrow is. There is something at that arrow where the tabs physically click the supply of power on and off as they pass it based on if they are set up or down.
Cool, I figured as much, I'm guessing mine is faulty so will be returning it and purchasing one online with better reviews.

Thanks for your help!

GotButterflies
Administrator
Administrator

Post by GotButterflies » Wed Mar 21, 2018 8:29 am

I use the regular ones, and I have bought a couple of zoomed ones that were on sale (heavily discounted). Both have worked great! I have had regular ones fail, but they are cheap enough to replace!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Truly blessed to have incredible creatures, wonderful friends and my amazing family in my life!! I'm very thankful & grateful for all of them! www.thehealthyhermit.com

Topic author
GreatVegetable

Post by GreatVegetable » Wed Mar 21, 2018 9:20 pm

GotButterflies wrote:I use the regular ones, and I have bought a couple of zoomed ones that were on sale (heavily discounted). Both have worked great! I have had regular ones fail, but they are cheap enough to replace!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Nice, I'll keep those in mind. I just got a digital one by GE appliances, it's pretty nice, I was able to program it to turn my fogger on for 10 minutes every 6 hours, fairly simple to program and has a battery in case of power outages.