Need new tank

Please post here if you are having a crab care emergency! Use a real subject and not just "HELP!"

Topic author
Jamison

Need new tank

Post by Jamison » Tue Dec 18, 2018 9:37 pm

Hello everyone. I have two pp's and they are in a five gal right now. I'm right on money so can't afford anything expensive. Does anyone know where I can get a ten to twenty gal for a good price?
2 purple pinchers
1 old dog

I will miss you Lloyd! Good luck up In Hermie Heaven!
You to Hagrid!

Hermiesguardian

Re: Need new tank

Post by Hermiesguardian » Wed Dec 19, 2018 12:15 am

Jamison wrote:Hello everyone. I have two pp's and they are in a five gal right now. I'm right on money so can't afford anything expensive. Does anyone know where I can get a ten to twenty gal for a good price?
Check craigslist. Check the apps OfferUp and LetGo. But if you can get one as big as you can afford.
raising son's dog, Dante. Husky/hound.
Raising daughter's hermit crabs, Shelder, Paras and Derek. Added 2 more of my own (of course) Pete and Stryper. Former mommy to 2 guinea pigs and beloved cat, Nissi

aussieJJDude
Administrator
Administrator

Post by aussieJJDude » Wed Dec 19, 2018 7:20 am

Also consider buying a tote - rubbermaid bins. Often a lot cheaper to buy (cost per gallon) and does a wonderful job in homing hermit crabs. Just not very see through.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
|| Avid Aquarist Addict (2007) || Crazy Crabbing Connoisseur (2012) || Amateur Aroid Admirer (2014) ||

"She’s there, she’s upright, and she’s wigged" ~ Trixie
Infrequently on due to studies

Topic author
Jamison

Post by Jamison » Wed Dec 19, 2018 7:29 pm

Thank you everyone!
2 purple pinchers
1 old dog

I will miss you Lloyd! Good luck up In Hermie Heaven!
You to Hagrid!

Rusty Shackleford

Post by Rusty Shackleford » Fri Dec 21, 2018 2:33 pm

For what it’s worth I’d agree with the tote idea it is so multi purpose later down the road it could easily be an iso tank or used for transport. And if or when you upgrade the tote can go back to being a tote I’ve had the problem of collecting/accumulating 10-30 gallon tanks in the past and I can speak from experience they make a bad sock drawer.