NEW CRABS!

Please post here if you are a new crab owner and someone will be along shortly to welcome you to the HCA! This is also the place to welcome new crabbies to your clan!

Topic author
purplepincher

NEW CRABS!

Post by purplepincher » Tue Mar 12, 2019 2:13 pm

Hello! exciting news! i am rescuing 2 crabs tonight! they are at petco, Topeka, and are in decent shape, but could use a lot of brushing up. my current two crabs will be very happy, as i am also changing the substrate and buying a hammock for hermit crabs. it wil give them almost twice the room and is very stable. i will keep you updated. so exciting! :cloud9:

(p.s., sorry but i cannot post pics.) :|
I love my little Acorn! #besthermitcrabever
I also Love Jesus! My favorite food is doughnuts, my favorite drink is orange soda,
and my favorite color is gold! (I like shiny things)

I am also a Die hard Lego fan!

aussieJJDude
Administrator
Administrator

Re: NEW CRABS!

Post by aussieJJDude » Tue Mar 12, 2019 4:07 pm

Congrats on the new additions- both crab wise and tank!

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

|| Avid Aquarist Addict (2007) || Crazy Crabbing Connoisseur (2012) || Amateur Aroid Admirer (2014) ||

"She’s there, she’s upright, and she’s wigged" ~ Trixie
Infrequently on due to studies

odelayheehoo

Post by odelayheehoo » Wed Mar 13, 2019 10:01 am

Congrats, pictures of the new ones?
Keeper Since 2016
75G - 10PP

angelbearpuppy

Post by angelbearpuppy » Wed Mar 13, 2019 1:12 pm

Congratulations, so how many crabs does that bring you up to 4?
I have owned Hermit Crabs for 2 Years

I have 1 E named Monkey and 2 PP named Shy Guy and Little P

I also own 1 PP named Dory who stays in my classroom

Topic author
purplepincher

Post by purplepincher » Wed Mar 13, 2019 4:13 pm

yes now i have acorn, salsa, shadow, and no name. shadow is my smallest and i rescued him from a cage with a bully crab. he is missing an entire leg, 1 leg segment on another, and half a small claw. despite this, he is healthy, active, and is my best eater. he eats nearly half the day! he sticks to mostly dark places and is very cute! BTW i am calling it a he have not done a check yet. i am waiting for him/her to get settled first. now acorn and him dont leave each others sides! he is not afraid of even my biggest crab, salsa, and even likes him!

now, mango is my fearless explorer. he is not missing a single limb and ajusts quickly to different things. he is very smart and is a great eater. he switched shells as soon as i put him in his new tank! he is not afraid when i put my hand in to change a bowl, and is freindly to all the other crabs.

shadow is purple and white, while mango is, well, the color of a mango. he also has weird spot markings. i checked, and they are just markings, so nothing to worry about! i love my new crabs, and i hope they live very long lives.
I love my little Acorn! #besthermitcrabever
I also Love Jesus! My favorite food is doughnuts, my favorite drink is orange soda,
and my favorite color is gold! (I like shiny things)

I am also a Die hard Lego fan!