Filters for 2.5gallon tanks? Zoomed Nano 10 or other?

All about freshwater & saltwater - dechlorinators, salt, water bowls, and pool construction & maintenance.

Topic author
hermilove

Filters for 2.5gallon tanks? Zoomed Nano 10 or other?

Post by hermilove » Sun May 01, 2022 12:30 pm

I was trying to ask for help on the aquarium subreddit since I’ve seen recommendations to consult with aquarium forums but wasn’t getting much help so back here.

(update was just told the flow rate of 80gph might be too much so any thoughts would be appreciated)

I’m trying to set up two 2.5gal tanks for salt and fresh and am trying to find filters. I’m not sure if something like the zoomed nano 10 seems like a good choice or if I should go with something else? I was having a hard time finding a lot of options for smaller filters.

My thoughts with the nano 10 would be that, as it’s external, it saves space in the pools for the crabs. The output also allows me to set up a waterfall into the freshwater tank which I’m thinking will be nice to have as well as promote humidity. I’m also assuming with this that their spray bar is optional, or I could potentially make it shorter depending on how I set up a waterfalls

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Last edited by hermilove on Sun May 01, 2022 12:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Lovely PPs and Little Es

Topic author
hermilove

Re: Filters for 2.5gallon tanks? Zoomed Nano 10 or other?

Post by hermilove » Sun May 01, 2022 1:20 pm

Has anyone used one of these?

AQUANEAT Aquarium Air Driven Bio Corner Filter Sponge for Fry Shrimp Nano Fish Tank with Airline Tubing, Air Pump Valves, Suction Cups (Small up to 20Gal) https://www.amazon.com/dp/B079M732S6/re ... QRADCAFNJN

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Lovely PPs and Little Es