Tapestry Turbos and What is This?

This is where you discuss shells for your hermit crabs. Not for selling/swapping shells, use Classified Ads for that.

Topic author
Rgorman

Tapestry Turbos and What is This?

Post by Rgorman » Thu Jan 05, 2023 3:00 am

Hi all! I’ve posted before about my three PPs fighting over a shell, so I got some Mexican Turbos and they seemed content for a while, but now all of a sudden they are fighting over a Tapestry Turbo. The crab who is trying to steal the tapestry from another crab has switched into 8 different Mexican turbos over the last few days. Originally I thought he was just trying them on, but now that he’s fighting the other crab that’s in it, it seems like he’s not happy with the Mexican Turbos. I’m in Las Vegas, is there anywhere I can get some Tapestry Turbos with approx 1” openings the same day?
One more tidbit: the one that is currently in the Tapestry just got done with a month long molt. Not sure if that matters

Also, this green (it used to be all green) shell is a favorite of all my crabs as they all were in it at one point, and the uneasy crab even tried getting back into even though it is way too small. Does anyone know what kind this is, and can I get them locally today? TIA!

.Image

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Last edited by Rgorman on Thu Jan 05, 2023 3:00 am, edited 1 time in total.

Topic author
Rgorman

Re: Tapestry Turbos and What is This?

Post by Rgorman » Thu Jan 05, 2023 3:07 am

Here is a pic of the inside of the mystery shell Image

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

hermitcrablover2
Location: Why do you want to know?... Ok fine SOMEWHERE in California.

Post by hermitcrablover2 » Thu Jan 05, 2023 11:09 am

It looks like a Bruneus shell... I know you can buy 12 of them for $30 on Amazon, I've seen them on Etsy too but I'm not sure where you could get them same day...
2 PP's (Boba and Blue), 1 Dog (Coco)

"Eateth. Thy. WORDS." - Donatello, ROTTMNT

curlysister
Administrator
Administrator

Post by curlysister » Thu Jan 05, 2023 11:50 pm

Have you checked our shell care sheet?

viewtopic.php?f=24&t=92552
"If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went." -Will Rogers