What's on today's menu & recipe sharing

For any and all questions about feeding, diet and different foods. Questions and posts about purchasing from stores should be made in the Shopping section.

Da_Stos208

Re: What's on today's menu & recipe sharing

Post by Da_Stos208 » Mon Mar 06, 2023 11:56 pm

Oh and some flowered broccolini!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

hermitsinnc

Post by hermitsinnc » Tue Apr 18, 2023 7:00 pm

I got tired of feeding meal after meal to my Pet Sand, only to have it mold. So I finally gave in and put in a 5-star vacation treat from CrabsGoneWILD. Now if someone comes up, they'll have a nutritious meal, but I don't have to keep wasting dish after dish of uneaten food!
3 PPs: Maxwell (small), Mitchelle (medium/small), Kendall (medium/large)
also have 10gal freshwater fishtank w/ neon tetras, pygmy cories, and nerite snails

"I am here, I am loved, God is good, and that's enough." --Brandon Heath

Hermienewbie2

Post by Hermienewbie2 » Tue Aug 15, 2023 11:50 pm

Do you know if tomatoes & peppers grown in an Aerogarden is safe for hermit crabs (since the only thing added is water & nutrients for them)? There is only leaves on the plants so far. I am new & trying to find things I can use, once I get my hermit crabs (it will be a little while from now—maybe a month or two?).

curlysister
Administrator
Administrator

Post by curlysister » Wed Aug 16, 2023 12:02 am

Hermienewbie2 wrote:
Tue Aug 15, 2023 11:50 pm
Do you know if tomatoes & peppers grown in an Aerogarden is safe for hermit crabs (since the only thing added is water & nutrients for them)? There is only leaves on the plants so far. I am new & trying to find things I can use, once I get my hermit crabs (it will be a little while from now—maybe a month or two?).
Oh yes, the fruits will be great for them, no matter how they are grown!
"If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went." -Will Rogers

CrabbyLover77

Post by CrabbyLover77 » Wed Aug 16, 2023 1:56 am

Hermienewbie2 wrote:Do you know if tomatoes & peppers grown in an Aerogarden is safe for hermit crabs (since the only thing added is water & nutrients for them)? There is only leaves on the plants so far. I am new & trying to find things I can use, once I get my hermit crabs (it will be a little while from now—maybe a month or two?).
And the pepper seeds too! My guys love the seeds! Image

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

"Hunting is not a sport. In a sport, both sides should know they're in the game." -Paul Rodriguez-
https://www.etsy.com/shop/BigBeausBouti ... form-mcnav

KyMart

Post by KyMart » Wed Aug 16, 2023 1:50 pm

CrabbyLover77 wrote:
Wed Aug 16, 2023 1:56 am
And the pepper seeds too! My guys love the seeds! Image

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk
I didn't even think about pepper seeds or a piece of tomato! I have a pesticide free garden too! I'm growing pumpkins for this fall so they can some fresh pumpkin seeds when that time comes! I might give them a piece of a pepper tonight and a cherry tomato in a few days/next week! I hope they like it!
I have 5 PPs in a 40 gallon breeder!
~
Want to meet the crew? [link goes here when ready]
~
KyMart

curlysister
Administrator
Administrator

Post by curlysister » Wed Aug 16, 2023 7:06 pm

KyMart wrote:
Wed Aug 16, 2023 1:50 pm
I didn't even think about pepper seeds or a piece of tomato! I have a pesticide free garden too! I'm growing pumpkins for this fall so they can some fresh pumpkin seeds when that time comes! I might give them a piece of a pepper tonight and a cherry tomato in a few days/next week! I hope they like it!
Give them some of the pumpkin leaves and flowers too! I even dry those for winter feeding.
"If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went." -Will Rogers

KyMart

Post by KyMart » Wed Aug 16, 2023 9:34 pm

curlysister wrote:
Wed Aug 16, 2023 7:06 pm
Give them some of the pumpkin leaves and flowers too! I even dry those for winter feeding.
OoO that's smart! I have leafs and flowers now but no blooms yet! I could definitely get them a few, thanks for the tip! I regularly offer these natrual seeds I bought online, they are sunflower and pumpkin seeds mixed together in a bag, pesticide free, and super good for them! They pick at then and seem to enjoy it! Hmm, maybe I will put some of those in a curiosity cube!
I have 5 PPs in a 40 gallon breeder!
~
Want to meet the crew? [link goes here when ready]
~
KyMart

Hermienewbie2

Post by Hermienewbie2 » Fri Feb 23, 2024 10:15 pm

The pepper I tried growing in my aerogarden didn’t grow so well & I tried giving a ripe cherry tomato & they didn’t eat it. I have a question about lettuce (it is also grown in my aerogarden). Can the hermit crabs have the young leaves & I think it has flowers too? I thought to add them to their foraging pile? Thanks

JoeHermits
Administrator
Administrator

Post by JoeHermits » Fri Feb 23, 2024 11:11 pm

The young leaves and flowers should all be fine

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk