How do you feel about a Chia Pet in the crab tank?

For any and all questions about feeding, diet and different foods. Questions and posts about purchasing from stores should be made in the Shopping section.

Topic author
IamSam

How do you feel about a Chia Pet in the crab tank?

Post by IamSam » Sat Jan 13, 2024 12:24 am

I know it's not made to be food safe, but I figure the bust or whatever should be just about as safe as any other terra cotta pot and if need be you could use different chia seeds for safety. :rr:

what do you think?

also i just noticed this emoji

:smt117

RookieandRemi

Re: How do you feel about a Chia Pet in the crab tank?

Post by RookieandRemi » Thu Feb 22, 2024 1:45 pm

IamSam wrote:I know it's not made to be food safe, but I figure the bust or whatever should be just about as safe as any other terra cotta pot and if need be you could use different chia seeds for safety. :rr:

what do you think?

also i just noticed this emoji

:smt117
There is a hermit crab content creator I follow on TikTok (janieleigh11 is her username) who has made a Chia garden in a little terracotta pot for her crabs. Check it out on her page.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RookieandRemi

Post by RookieandRemi » Thu Feb 22, 2024 1:58 pm

RookieandRemi wrote: There is a hermit crab content creator I follow on TikTok (janieleigh11 is her username) who has made a Chia garden in a little terracotta pot for her crabs. Check it out on her page.

Just to note, she did use the eco-earth coconut fibre to plant the chia seeds into which I found awesome! In a little terracotta saucer! I think I want to try it too!

JoeHermits
Administrator
Administrator

Post by JoeHermits » Thu Feb 22, 2024 11:26 pm

Never seen a Chia Pet in a crabitat but I don’t think it’d be harmful. The crabs can eat whatever chia they have