1 PP crab needs new home in Houston, TX or Austin, TX

Please create a new topic about your hermit crab(s) needing rehomed. Topic titles must start with city and state.

Moderators: HCA Adoptions, Staff Accounts

Topic author
Spidey

1 PP crab needs new home in Houston, TX or Austin, TX

Post by Spidey » Mon Apr 08, 2024 12:08 am

How Far Will You Travel?: 162 miles (willing to travel between Houston and Austin)

Would You Be Willing to Ship?: No

Number of Crabs, Size of The Crabs, and Species If Known: 1 crab, 2 inches, Purple Pincher

Supplies and Tank That Are Included (If Any): 20 gallon tank with 20 or so extra shells (other stuff mentioned below.)

Adoption or Supply Fee Being Asked (If Any): none

I Would Like to Be Contacted By - Email - or - PM - • Any Other Information: Email is bluetyphoon2017[at]gmail[dot]com or PM me. (Email is preferred)

Hi, I’m a hermit crab owner in the United States in Texas. I believe I’ve had this hermit crab for about 5-7 years now? I’ve been keeping him in a 20–30-gallon tank that was originally for my bearded dragon who was a baby at the time and got a bigger tank when he was an adult. Sadly, the bearded dragon passed away a few years ago, and much of his stuff was reused for the new hermit crab terrarium. Anyway, originally there were a lot more hermit crabs who unfortunately passed away a while ago, leaving the one I have as the only one left. I’ve been learning from my mistakes over the years of owning hermit crabs and have been getting better at it overtime. Unfortunately, I didn’t know that they live for so long (15-20 years?) and unfortunately due to university I haven’t been able to stay in one spot, leaving other people to take care of the crab unfortunately. They don’t want to take care of it anymore obviously and now my only options are to give him up for someone who can provide a better home to adopt him, or to take it with me to college. I’m in the Houston area, or near Austin Texas. My crab is in Houston so I will only be able to deliver the crab this summer in May, June, July, or August. I have all the materials to take care of him, wood logs to climb on, hermit crab food pellets, 2 bottles of calcium powder to put on food, Reptisafe to kill chemicals and chlorine in water for safe drinking, the terrarium, a BUNCH of old shells to use, everything. You can have all of it for free, literally your only payment is that you’re much more knowledgeable and have much more experience taking care of Caribbean hermit crabs (purple pincher crabs) than me, and can obviously keep him in a terrarium with other Caribbean hermit crabs to socialize and find a colony, instead of him being all alone. I don’t want to give him to someone who’s just going to put him in a shoebox or a too small terrarium just for him to die in a year due to improper care.

If you’re interested, please email me at bluetyphoon2017[at]gmail[dot]com with photos of your terrarium and experience with PP crabs for verification, to see what supplies of mine you need (just in case you don’t need my 20-gallon terrarium) and to schedule times to meet so he can be handed off to you. Please take good care of him and provide a safe and loving home much better than I ever could, Thank you!

Eholna

Re: 1 PP crab needs new home in Houston, TX or Austin, TX

Post by Eholna » Wed May 15, 2024 9:09 am

I emailed you

jcochran

Post by jcochran » Wed Jun 26, 2024 5:11 pm

Were you able to rehome your crab?

GotButterflies
Administrator
Administrator

Post by GotButterflies » Sun Jul 07, 2024 3:14 pm

Messaged OP to see if crab has been adopted so post can be deleted.
Truly blessed to have incredible creatures, wonderful friends and my amazing family in my life!! I'm very thankful & grateful for all of them! www.thehealthyhermit.com

jcochran

Post by jcochran » Thu Jul 11, 2024 7:13 pm

Do you still need a home for this crab? Thanks!