Etsy meals

For any and all questions about feeding, diet and different foods. Questions and posts about purchasing from stores should be made in the Shopping section.

Topic author
Jaydick484

Etsy meals

Post by Jaydick484 » Mon Jul 08, 2024 7:07 am

Does anyone else offer their crabs the meal kits from Etsy hermit shops? I'm wondering if it says complete meal, that I can stop giving fresh food every day that goes bad.
I offer green sand, a seafood complete dried meal, and a green mix complete dried meal, with snake skins, and Timothy hay sticks. Do I need more supplements?

CrabbyLover77

Re: Etsy meals

Post by CrabbyLover77 » Mon Jul 08, 2024 8:39 pm

I make crab mixes and sell them on Etsy. I still would tell you no, you should not depend on just a couple of mixes even if they say "complete diet". If your crabs like fresh food, keep offering it. Variety is key. Daily protein and calcium are essential. I offer my crabs the mixes I make, but I offer them a lot of other foods too. I have half of a big shelving unit in my pet room filled with dried foods my crabs enjoy. I try to rotate everything so they don't get bored. Mixes are great when you don't have a ton of time to make your own. Just don't rely on them all the time, especially if you know your crabs enjoy other foods. Happy Crabbing!

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

"Hunting is not a sport. In a sport, both sides should know they're in the game." -Paul Rodriguez-
https://www.etsy.com/shop/BigBeausBouti ... form-mcnav

curlysister
Administrator
Administrator

Post by curlysister » Mon Jul 08, 2024 11:02 pm

I agree with CL77! I am a vegetarian, and altho my hubby eats meat and I sometimes steal little bits for the crabs, I sometimes think it's not enough protein. So most of my dried bought mixes/ foods are animal protein. Then I dry a bunch of flowers and leaves from my yard/ garden to give in winter. And I feed fresh fruits and veggies from my suppers and my garden in summer, as well as things like nuts and seeds and grains and egg shells. Oh, and then a few things that I get at the pet store, like cuttle bone and dried bugs or shrimp, or freeze dried dog/ cat treats that are meat only. Variety is totally key!
"If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went." -Will Rogers

Topic author
Jaydick484

Post by Jaydick484 » Tue Jul 09, 2024 10:36 pm

Awesome thank you both!

CrabbyLover77

Post by CrabbyLover77 » Tue Jul 09, 2024 10:50 pm

Np

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

"Hunting is not a sport. In a sport, both sides should know they're in the game." -Paul Rodriguez-
https://www.etsy.com/shop/BigBeausBouti ... form-mcnav