A Happy Self Re-Introduction & Welcome to Bada + Bing!

Please post here if you are a new crab owner and someone will be along shortly to welcome you to the HCA! This is also the place to welcome new crabbies to your clan!

Topic author
HermitCrabFreak

A Happy Self Re-Introduction & Welcome to Bada + Bing!

Post by HermitCrabFreak » Fri Aug 02, 2024 12:39 pm

Hi everyone, :crabbigsmile:
I used to be an active member of this site and I'm very excited to be back! It's been about 5 years since I've had hermit crabs and I've honestly deeply missed them ever since. I started my first tank in 2010 (I was in 10th grade). I had 2 hermit crabs and a little 10g tank. I luckily found the HCA and learned so much great information to really start my tank and hermit crab journey. From there, I adopted and upgraded, adopted and upgraded until I had a 75g tank with 22 PPs and 2 Es. I had them for about 9 years until 2019 when I regrettably gave them away due some unfortunate life circumstances. And it was honestly one of the hardest and most regretted discussions I've made. I've been wanting to start a new tank, basically ever since and finally, the time is right.

I'm now 29 years old. I have a stable life and a home with my boyfriend who is also a long-time animal lover and "tank builder." He's used to making large salt water aquariums and such. So, for my birthday we were at Wildwoods, NJ boardwalk, (and I don't know why I put myself through this, but I do it everytime), and I had to look at the hermit crabs, which breaks my heart, but I can't help but check on them. Long story short, I ended up coming home with 2 crabs--which is against everything I stand for because I hate giving those boardwalk stores any business. But from here on out I will only be adopting/rescuing. (It's also such an inside sturggle because I don't want to support their businesses but I also know the end of the boardwalk season is approaching and know all those hermit crabs will get thrown away at the end of the summer). But anyways...Adoptions only from here on out.

And that's my re-introduction. I unfortunately don't remember what my original username on here was, so I'm using my old blog & hermit crab Instagram handle, which was HermitCrabFreak. Anyone who would of recognized me would have likely done so by the Hermit Crab Freak name anyways.

So, here I am to welcome my two new crabs, Bada and Bing to the forums. I will hopefully be posting crab & tanks pics shortly 8) Thanks for having me!

curlysister
Administrator
Administrator

Re: A Happy Self Re-Introduction & Welcome to Bada + Bing!

Post by curlysister » Sat Aug 03, 2024 11:52 pm

Welcome back!
"If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went." -Will Rogers

Jaydick484

Post by Jaydick484 » Mon Aug 05, 2024 8:04 am

Hi!
It's great to have this crabby community. I'd love to see the pics. ☺️

Sharon SharK

Post by Sharon SharK » Thu Aug 08, 2024 3:14 pm

Welcome home to Bada and Bing!! I'm brand new to HCs and I learned about how awful the beach shops are *after* I had bought mine. But at least now ours are in safe, good homes!!
Sharon's pets: dogs (Mako, Emma), cats (Sammy, Josie), betta fish (Ichabod), mystery snails (Sunshine, Cadence), hermit crabs (Bunny, Valentine, Polkie Dot), chickens, goats, and pigs. <3

Topic author
HermitCrabFreak

Post by HermitCrabFreak » Wed Aug 14, 2024 10:15 pm

Sharon SharK wrote:
Thu Aug 08, 2024 3:14 pm
Welcome home to Bada and Bing!! I'm brand new to HCs and I learned about how awful the beach shops are *after* I had bought mine. But at least now ours are in safe, good homes!!
Thanks for the welcome! And I'm very glad to hear that. It's surprising how many people will buy animals and not take the time to do the proper research and care. So congrats and also a welcome to you, on your new hermit crab journey! :-D

Topic author
HermitCrabFreak

Post by HermitCrabFreak » Thu Aug 15, 2024 1:16 am

Here's a couple pics. They're still in their temporary tank but I'm picking up my 40 gallon from my mom's house by this weekend. I'm very exctied! But for now here's a couple pics of Bada & Bing.

Bada & Bing hanging out "in the trees":

Bing:

Bada:

Bada eating freeze-dried apple:

Bing wants some apple too:

Temp. tank set-up:

I've already adopted two others who are in a seperate temporary tank for now also. It just so happened that my first week back, I saw someone on this site was looking to re-home their two crabs and they lived only about 20 minutes from me. I will be putting them in the 40g with Bada and Bing this weekend. They've been a little more shy so I haven't gotten any real good pics of them yet but once I have the new 40g set up I will be posting pictures in the crabitat pics forum and hopefully I'll have some by then :)

curlysister
Administrator
Administrator

Post by curlysister » Thu Aug 15, 2024 11:16 pm

Looks great! Thanks for the pics!
"If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went." -Will Rogers

crabocado

Post by crabocado » Sat Aug 17, 2024 10:16 pm

Whoa. "Temporary" tank?? Looks like comfortable lodgings to me.