Weird water dish happenings

For topics relating to crab care that do not fit into the other categories.

Topic author

Post by Guest » Sun Nov 13, 2005 1:00 pm

they look the same to me, Wade's picture is slightly more magnified...that is a great picture too by the way! Spring tails are supposed to eat organic materials so while they are not harmful to the crabs, the tank environment can get inundated with them...I would be reluctant to let them multiply freely (but I am not a bug person). I suppose just cleaning them out of the water dish would keep their numbers in check.

Topic author

Post by Guest » Sun Nov 13, 2005 5:28 pm

Chestersmom wrote:they look the same to me, Wade's picture is slightly more magnified....
Slightly more magnified? :P I take offense to that. :) I went through a lot of work to get a shot with that level of magnification. That's magnified like 50x or better.

Topic author

Post by Guest » Sun Nov 13, 2005 5:34 pm

LOL... sorry Wade, didn't mean to detract from your effort...it was magnificently magnified! (is that better?)

Topic author

Post by Guest » Sun Nov 13, 2005 5:50 pm

Darn! i *wanted * springtails! LOL i'll let them be next time!

Topic author

Post by Guest » Sun Nov 13, 2005 9:37 pm

neovente wrote:Darn! i *wanted * springtails! LOL i'll let them be next time!
Don't worry, I have to dump them when I change my water and they keep coming back. :)

Topic author

Post by Guest » Sun Nov 13, 2005 11:18 pm

:shock: Ewww bugs! :shock:

Not cute, definately not cute! :smt009

Scythan

Post by Scythan » Mon Nov 14, 2005 12:23 am

I bet you wouldn't find this cute, either!
Aww! :love7:

Topic author

Post by Guest » Mon Nov 14, 2005 12:59 am

Definitely springtails, I'd say. It might have been a good thing you dumped them out... I have a culture of them for my fish, and once they get going there's no way to kill them. I got lazy and didn't feed my culture for at least a month, and when I checked on it there were still literally thousands of them in an area the size of half a shoebox!