What's on today's menu & recipe sharing ~2006~

For any and all questions about feeding, diet and different foods. Questions and posts about purchasing from stores should be made in the Shopping section.

Topic author

Post by Guest » Sun Jan 15, 2006 4:39 pm

Tonight's fare:

Chopped silversides, chicken, & celery
Accented by celery leaves & tomato slices sprinkled with Epicurian Crab Hermit crab cuisine & seal salt.

And a smaller version for the "Ants":

Topic author

Post by Guest » Sun Jan 15, 2006 10:41 pm

tonight.. get ready.. I made Smelt sushi w/Cucumber and Brown Rice.
on a bed of Spinach and orange bell peppers, garnished w/red cabbage and clover sprouts!
if you would like to view this master piece it's on my home page under what's cooking at http://www.tlkngcrabby.inc5.com/

Topic author
Chompman

Post by Chompman » Tue Jan 17, 2006 12:16 am

In the dry dish I gave them crushed pecans and walnuts, oats, dried coconut, Crab Island original formula, calci sand, crushed cuttlebone and for the first time some fresh popped popcorn :D .

In the fresh food dish I just have some carrots, broccoli, and tilapia (white fish).

Heading out to get some fruits tomorrow, forgot to bring raisins, grapes, and apples since I am back from visiting family and they had them unlike me. :)

NaRnAR
Founding Member
Founding Member

Post by NaRnAR » Thu Jan 19, 2006 2:33 pm

Confetti Kibble:

Turn into a powder with mortar and pestle:
Dandelion leaf
dried shredded coconut
dried krill
dry rose petals
dry calendula
dry jasmine flowers

Add:
Blue corn meal
sesame seeds
kelp powder

-Mix with powdered ingredients and place in 1/2 of dish.

Cooked items:
Long grain wild rice
amaranth
-When cool place in other half of dish

-Garnish with pumpkin seeds sprinkled with kelp powder, and honey nut granola.
NasTang crabby since 9/02
HappyHermit Foods! at...TheHermitCrabPatch

Topic author

Post by Guest » Sat Jan 21, 2006 6:44 pm

Tonights dinner is:

1. A jumbo hermie toss salad consisting of fresh romaine lettuce and five juicy carrots full of carotine!!! :D

2. The special for tonight is a nice plump orange slice, drizzled with some delicious honey!!!!!!!!

Quite a mouthwatering dinner!!!!!!!! :wink:

Topic author

Post by Guest » Sat Jan 21, 2006 8:35 pm

my crabs won't even touch shrimp cooked or raw!!! Weird, and it somewhat scares me, but tonight is:

shredded chicken on a bed of spinach leaves in a light sprinkle of fresh ground sea salt. Yummers!

My children love chocolate, is this good or bad? Whatever, I give it to them sometimes...Tee-hee; crabs need to be spoiled sometimes.

Topic author

Post by Guest » Sun Jan 22, 2006 8:21 pm

Tonight ~ Peanut Butter Sandwiches!!!
Unsalted Wholegrain Melba Toast
Natural Peanut Butter
Banana slices
Raisins
Crushed Walnuts
Drizzled with honey
Topped with shaved cuttlebone

Topic author

Post by Guest » Sun Jan 22, 2006 8:33 pm

We're trying babyfood tonight. We've got sweet potato and strawberries in separate dishes as well as crushed up shrimp pellets in another dish. My b/f threw out their spinach leaf (it fell on the floor), so no spinach tonight :( He thought that the spinach would be too dirty, but when I got upset he told me to take it out of the garbage for them :shock: I sometimes wonder what goes through his head... floor = dirty, garbage = cleaner than floor???

Topic author

Post by Guest » Sun Jan 29, 2006 1:43 am

Tonight's menu was a real hit in all three of my tanks! I barely walked away from the E tank, and three of the hermies were swarming the food dish!

Chopped Silversides, drizzled with Olive Oil
Chopped Orange Bell Pepper
Peas
Cilantro Sprigs

Topic author
kayla_d

Post by kayla_d » Fri Feb 03, 2006 5:57 pm

Mine are having Indonesian shrimp with the shell and legs still on nuked for min with a small amount of coconut milk and I chopped up a sugar snapped pea. A few of them have already sampled it.

Topic author

Post by Guest » Sun Feb 12, 2006 5:01 pm

Ahhh...it is COLD in Florida today! So, since I made a crockpot full of beef stew for the family, I made the hermies their OWN version...

Boiled beef cubes, carrots, potatoes, & peas....sprinkled with cuttlebone & Julia_Crab's hermie cuisine:

Topic author

Post by Guest » Mon Feb 13, 2006 11:14 pm

Kathy that looks sooo good!!! It is FREEZING here in Florida!!! We had to cover our plants outside and may have to run the sprinklers! Brrr...

Well....
Tonight my crabs will enjoy romaine lettuce, slivers of grape, cucumber, and fresh raspberries....drizzled with honey and powdered w/ cuttlebone. Yummy! :lol:

Topic author

Post by Guest » Tue Feb 14, 2006 8:13 am

Today the crabbies got grated carrot, finely chopped dates, dried oats, honey, grape slivers and macadamia nut butter! As well as a commercial hermie pellet made from fish flakes, softened in lukewarm dechlor water.

Wow, I love all your awesome recipes, I think I would even eat them they look so good! All hermies should be gourmet hermies, don't ya think? 8)

Topic author
troppo

Post by troppo » Wed Feb 15, 2006 9:38 pm

Last night my aussies got boiled chicken wings,chopped up with bone left in,apple slices,oats,green grapes and apricots.

They also get on other nights,watermelon,cuttlebone,seaweed,raw seafood,crushed unsalted peanuts,carrots,etc.

Have tried giving the broccoli and capsicum(red bell peppers) but they aren't real keen on them,lol.

Topic author

no fresh food here

Post by Guest » Thu Feb 16, 2006 12:09 am

:( Our silly crabs won't eat anything fresh. We have tried all different things, with no luck. They seem to like dried shrimp or krill, Emily's betta fish's blood worms, algae tabs or bird seed treats with fruit/nuts/honey (no preservatives). Wish I could get them too, because all of your dinners sound great! Should I keep trying fresh? Thanks Kathy and Emily