D.I.Y. - Pool

All about freshwater & saltwater - dechlorinators, salt, water bowls, and pool construction & maintenance.

Topic author

D.I.Y. - Pool

Post by Guest » Thu Jul 20, 2006 9:31 pm

Matterials:

the lid to blank cds (the ones u use to burn/copy cds with the twisty lid)

siccors

lighter

gravel (not need but recomended)

Method:

tank the lid and cut it down to make it shallow

if you have any sharp edges take a lighter and burn them (idk if the lighter thing works but i heard it from sum1 else. Sounds logical)

put gravel in the bottom of it

now your done (i will show a pic of it finished as soon as i get gravel)

EDIT: THE LIGHTER THING WORKS VERY GOOD I STRONGLY RECOMEND IT

Topic author

Post by Guest » Fri Jul 21, 2006 10:13 am

Thanks for the how-to.... Can you please post a picture of it when it is finished? i really wanna see how it looks.

Topic author

Post by Guest » Fri Jul 21, 2006 10:47 am

here are the pics but there kinda hard to see (this is without gravel i haven't gotten around to gettin it

Topic author

Post by Guest » Fri Jul 21, 2006 10:52 am

Looks very good :)

I only have a 10 Gallon Tank at the moment, so i think im gonna hold off on doing this untill i get a bigger tank.

Im currently using clam shells for their water dishs.

Also, something else i would recomend for you to do, is to put something they can climb on to get in and out of the pool. That will also help prevent them from drowning.

Topic author

Post by Guest » Fri Jul 21, 2006 10:56 am

ok i gotta find sumthin first i think im gonna use a big sponge but first i gotta find it

EDIT: I FOUND IT BUT I NEED TO STERALIZE IT HOW LONG DO I PUT IT IN THE MICROWAVE?
Last edited by Guest on Fri Jul 21, 2006 10:59 am, edited 1 time in total.

Topic author

Post by Guest » Fri Jul 21, 2006 10:57 am

Sounds good.

Topic author
MushroomKitty

Post by MushroomKitty » Fri Jul 21, 2006 10:49 pm

That's an adorable idea, the pool looks so fancy. XD

For mine I just took a rectangular tuppoware bottom and put my big spongue in the back, and then put aquarium gravel in the front so it wouldn't be too deep, and filled it with water. My crabs will drink from it, and I see them climb in it from time to time. But I'll have to try that CD idea once I get a case.

@Bac- Boil it for 10 minutes in a pot on the stove, then let it air dry.

Topic author

Post by Guest » Fri Jul 21, 2006 10:53 pm

ok, i just seen your edited post...

You should put the sponge in the microwave for about 45 seconds to a minute on high.

Edit: MAKE SURE THE SPONGE IS DRY BEFORE YOU PUT IT IN THE MICROWAVE OR ELSE YOU WILL GET VERY BAD RESULTS.

Topic author

Post by Guest » Fri Jul 21, 2006 10:55 pm

Also, i wouldent boil a sea sponge, because it will shrink and im not sure if that will damage it or not.

Also, dont use kitchen sponges, because 99% of them have some sort of soap or anti-bacterial stuff in it, and that will kill your crabs.