Easy-to-do DIY 2nd level

For presenting do-it-yourself projects for your crabitat and for discussing and displaying custom built crabitats. Also for questions and reviews on equipment and products. *Stores and their reviews now have their own section in Classifieds*

Topic author

Easy-to-do DIY 2nd level

Post by Guest » Sat Sep 23, 2006 4:47 pm

All you need is a locker shelf and a thing for the crabd to get up! If the shelf has holes in it, you should put a climbing background or something on it and cover the holes so the crabs don't fall through. Then, of course, you need to get some stuff for them to do up there! All you do is set up the locker shelf inside of the `tat and make it possible for the crabs to climb up! I will be getting pics soon! :D

BAB

Post by BAB » Sat Sep 23, 2006 8:01 pm

A locker shelf! What an ingenious idea... There's no metal included in the sets and stuff right?
**Crabbing since July 2005*~*100+ successful molts**
I have a total of 2 PP's

Note:My information on crab care is NOT the only way to do things. Please research your topics.

Topic author

Post by Guest » Wed Sep 27, 2006 2:28 pm

That's a really good idea - my daughter has one that's 100% plastic! :) Maybe I'll "borrow" it, and make a 2nd level for the shell selection! They can climb up the cholla wood!

Topic author

Post by Guest » Thu Sep 28, 2006 9:42 am

Any pics yet?? :)

What exactly is a locker shelf? I can only think of the metal type.

HERMEZ

Post by HERMEZ » Thu Sep 28, 2006 10:21 am

justanoob wrote:Any pics yet?? :)

What exactly is a locker shelf? I can only think of the metal type.
me too :|

nora

Post by nora » Thu Sep 28, 2006 12:05 pm

What is a locker shelf?

Topic author

Post by Guest » Thu Sep 28, 2006 1:23 pm

I don't have a pic but a locker shelf is basically a tiny "table" that you can put in your locker. It would basically create a shelf in your locker, once you stand it in there. It's got 4 legs and can stand on it's own, but would be about 12inches square as the tabletop surface area (or whatever the inner dimensions of a locker would be)...

starmaiden

Post by starmaiden » Thu Sep 28, 2006 3:33 pm

I had to do some searching before I found one that was plastic and not painted metal, but here's a link to something that would work:
http://www.organize-everything.com/adjustshelf.html

nora

Post by nora » Fri Sep 29, 2006 11:05 am

That is a neat idea. Thanks for the search work starmaiden. Looks like it would hold better than the suction cups.

Topic author

Post by Guest » Sun Oct 15, 2006 2:57 am

I forgot all about this topic. Sorry. I'll get some pictures tomorrow I hope. I have to go to bed now. I'll stick a sticky-note to my computer screen so I remember.

Mine is a green, plastic locker shell with a climbing background on it to prevent the crabs from falling through the holes. Mine doesn't have big holes, but my smallest crab, Precious, can fall through.

Topic author

Post by Guest » Tue Oct 17, 2006 3:11 pm

Sorry, I haven't been on in a few days. Here it is:

Clicky.