Stuck in shell and trying to get out

Please post here if you are having a crab care emergency! Use a real subject and not just "HELP!"

Topic author

Stuck in shell and trying to get out

Post by Guest » Tue Nov 14, 2006 7:49 pm

My crab looks like she is stuck in her shell and trying to get out. the opening looks like she is stuck and she is wiggling to come out of it but cant. She looks like she is dying. What should i do, try o help her out of the shell?

EGcrabber

Post by EGcrabber » Tue Nov 14, 2006 7:51 pm

My crab did that once, but he eventually got out. Wait for awhile and see what happens.
One medium PP: Gizmo

May you rest in peace, Stark, Blue lightning, Rivulet, Floyd, Shocker, Scyfer, Brad, Weasel, and Farik
10 successful molts
2 bad

Topic author

Post by Guest » Tue Nov 14, 2006 7:55 pm

is there any way to help them come out?

EGcrabber

Post by EGcrabber » Tue Nov 14, 2006 8:02 pm

If you try to pull them out, they'll probably try to retract in more. Hopefully, another member can give you better advice.
One medium PP: Gizmo

May you rest in peace, Stark, Blue lightning, Rivulet, Floyd, Shocker, Scyfer, Brad, Weasel, and Farik
10 successful molts
2 bad

bksbuddha

Post by bksbuddha » Tue Nov 14, 2006 11:29 pm

How long have you had her? When you say come out, do you mean put her legs, arms, & head out to walk around?? :|
I march to the beat of a different drummer...did I mention my husband is a drummer!

PPs,Straws,Es,Ruggies, Violas, & Indos!
3 Hounds, 1 Bunny-Lilly, 6 PDFs, Corns-Slither,Squiggle,Sparkle,Spirit,& Skully, Crayfish-Chester & Little Fella, Ts-Allure, Charisma, & Ladybird!

Topic author

Post by Guest » Wed Nov 15, 2006 2:49 am

hmmm... im trying to picture what ur saying... my best guess is that its stuck in a to small of shell... i would think it will be fine and once it calms down it will hop into another bigger shell

Topic author

Post by Guest » Wed Nov 15, 2006 2:56 am

Is it a painted shell? Sometimes the glue can stick to hermies, but I don't know what to do... :oops:

Topic author
Hermit_of_Hermit_Crabs

Post by Hermit_of_Hermit_Crabs » Wed Nov 15, 2006 3:09 am

I am not sure about a hermie getting stuck. I think for one to get stuck the shell would have to be so small that it hardly even covers their abdomen. I have never in my experience witnessed a hermie that was unable to exit a shell.