Narnar's Autumn Harvest Food is a hit!

For any and all questions about feeding, diet and different foods. Questions and posts about purchasing from stores should be made in the Shopping section.

Hermie Lover

Post by Hermie Lover » Wed Feb 14, 2007 2:15 pm

I can now respond to this post properly ;)

My crabbies LOVE the autumn harvest! Received NarNar's food last Sat. and they love it all! They REALLY devoured the bugs n nuts though :shock: I gave them 2 bowl fulls of that stuff!

I ordered 4 more bags of the bugs n nuts :D

BTW, the blueberry flatbread was in a cute little valentine looking bag, so I didn't want to let them have it until tonight :D

I am sure they will love it!
Angela

Crabitats: 55L, 40B, 29L

Crabbin' since 97!
They are draining my savings!

hulk

Post by hulk » Wed Feb 14, 2007 2:56 pm

ok, well mine wasn't too thrilled over the Autumn harvest yet.....

BUT the Fruit/nut/grain/flower(I know order is not right =) and that wonderful Blueberry Flatbread that was so nicely given for Vday ;) they LOVED it and I am sure half of my crew is under at the moment..but Hulk and who ever that is up had it GONE! I gave them a bunch more this morning lol...plus they usually don't eat their food like that, don't know why..but they also ate all the fresh apple and most of the kibbles I usually give so whoever is up (probably Hellboy or Electra the straws ha ha:who I thought was molting, but Hellboy was peeking yesterday) loved the stuff!

Thanks so much for the vday gift from my crabbies!
Paige

Topic author

my order from The Happy Hermit

Post by Guest » Wed Feb 14, 2007 4:47 pm

Tank was underground this morning, but he surfaced within minutes after I put a small dot of Extra Virgin Red Palm Oil (it says to warm in microwave, but I left it cold) in the food dish. It looks like about half of the mangrove is eaten and he's working on the palm oil now! I got a close look and he's definitely lifting the palm oil to his mouth w/ his little claw over and over again. I love to see them eat!

hulk--I like how you said ". . . yet" 'cause I find that the second or third feeding is usually the true test. I think when we introduce several foods at once (like when we get a box-full of goodies from NaRnAR) they eat what they come to first or the strongest smell or the item that most suits what is going on in their bodies.

hulk

Post by hulk » Wed Feb 14, 2007 5:51 pm

lol..I know ha ha they are so funny! I want to try the oils, but I have so much food already hehe so I have to wait ;)
Paige

NaRnAR
Founding Member
Founding Member

Post by NaRnAR » Wed Feb 14, 2007 6:56 pm

Oh Im happy hes enjoying the red palm oil! *yeay*

I have also found the same Jedi, not just with the trials of my foods but with most new foods! Takes them a while to understand the foods are -ok- to eat and then they go crazy.

(THe blueberry flatbread is the monthly (February's) flatbread that goes out with the orders...just a little thank you for ordering. Next month there will be a different flavor and will be green to go with St. Patricks day :D Im hoping to get just an "original" flat bread up, but I have been SO swamped with homework and havent had a chance to make some)
NasTang crabby since 9/02
HappyHermit Foods! at...TheHermitCrabPatch

Topic author

Post by Guest » Thu Feb 15, 2007 9:16 am

Are you out of the Palm oil? I went to your store but didn't see it with the oils...

I think I will have to place an order every month just to get to try the newest flatbreads. :) My guys loved the last stuff...

Topic author

Post by Guest » Thu Feb 15, 2007 2:19 pm

Awesome! I'll have to ask my mom if I could buy some, because I only have a crab-dish full of the one I have, and it lasted for about a year! They loved it. They also love Epicurean Hermit's stuff, but I have quite a bit of that left, because I won it a few months ago for Crab Street Journal's pumpkin contest.

hulk

Post by hulk » Thu Feb 15, 2007 2:57 pm

YES! I am going to have to order again too then! I want to try the seaweed and those oils as well. I think the coco oil is good for them right? I mean for molting? I have more then half of them under now so I may be too late...I guess I can get it for next time, but what do you suggest for them to try when they come up?

I am mostly worried about my new large straws cause I read they don't do so well with molting~scared here I won't see them again<>but I have shrimp in the freezer waiting for them to come up.
Paige

NaRnAR
Founding Member
Founding Member

Post by NaRnAR » Thu Feb 15, 2007 5:00 pm

If you dont see it there I am temporarily out...so I will be restocking the ebay store tomorrow (Im not out out, I just dont have any up...I have a whole jar left of all the oils so no worries there!)

My post molters seem to enjoy the bugs & nuts, post molt and the sick crab.

Topic author

Post by Guest » Thu Feb 15, 2007 5:05 pm

I just got the last 2 Palm Oils. :oops:

Topic author

palm oil

Post by Guest » Thu Feb 15, 2007 5:15 pm

I wonder if it is safe for one small crab to eat a pea-sized dab of palm oil in one night?!?! It is all gone! Zamboni might have come up to help eat it, but I don't think so. Tank must have really needed whatever nutrients in that stuff!

NaRnAR, you'd better get re-stocked quick! There's gonna be a run on it!

hulk

Post by hulk » Thu Feb 15, 2007 6:20 pm

ok thanks NarNar I have the bugs n Nuts and Post molt that I still am waiting to try =) so i guess I'll try the sick stuff =0) i thought that was for sick crabs lol ;) thanks!
Paige

NaRnAR
Founding Member
Founding Member

Post by NaRnAR » Fri Feb 16, 2007 10:03 am

Everything (minus a couple samplers and some new stuff) is stocked!! :D

Topic author

Post by Guest » Fri Feb 16, 2007 3:32 pm

Thanks! I bought some Palm and Coconut oil and some seaweed special.

NaRnAR
Founding Member
Founding Member

Post by NaRnAR » Fri Feb 16, 2007 5:41 pm

So i have been baking crabbie cookies (flatbreads cut into the shape of things hehe! I needed a break from homework today ;) ) and I thought of doing a "Crabby Cookie Club" for people who want to recieve the flatbread/cookies of the month without having to order a product every month. It would be a yearly "subscription" and the cookies would be mailed out at the end of the month to those that subscribe. There would be a small fee b/c I wont have the ability to just send em along with an order. Im thinking $12 should cover it. :)

Im going to add the "subscription" to the store as well. :)

Is this something that is of interest?!?!

Oh almost forget...the new flat bread that will be available to be purchased in the store are:

Original flatbread--coconut, copepods, flaxseed, whole wheat flour
PB & Molasses flatbread--peanut butter, molasses, seasalt, whole wheat flour, flaxseed

Acorn and Spot have already decided the PB & M cookies are quite tastey!! ;)