Narnar's Autumn Harvest Food is a hit!

For any and all questions about feeding, diet and different foods. Questions and posts about purchasing from stores should be made in the Shopping section.

NaRnAR
Founding Member
Founding Member

Post by NaRnAR » Fri Feb 23, 2007 10:12 am

lol, I would LOVE to visit Australia...perhaps I could bring some with me...disguise it some how ;)

I have sent to Australia before, but whether or not you will get the foods or it will be taken by customs is kind of hit or miss. I have gotten food through customs once and food has been burned three times...so, hit or miss completely. :dontknow:
NasTang crabby since 9/02
HappyHermit Foods! at...TheHermitCrabPatch

Topic author

Post by Guest » Sat Feb 24, 2007 12:10 am

Im more of a "natural" kind of person. I feed my crabs stuff they'd find in the wild, since flatbread is made by humans that's not something they'd come across on their daily trek.. I am not trying to offend anyone but that is my opinion. Crabs might like to eat it but it is not natural for them! :)

Topic author

Post by Guest » Sat Feb 24, 2007 12:53 am

i am pretty sure narnars flat bread is natural stuff they would eat in a convientent yet cute little "flatbread" type cookie....and it smells really good to.....

now that coco oil...i will ahve to admit....i got some on my hand and i just kinda said "hey rub it in"....i did and OMG...narnar you must have soft supple hands cause that stuff was great....and smells good....i hope it is ok to use on me also..haha..my crabs are gonna be soft and supple.

Topic author

Post by Guest » Sat Feb 24, 2007 4:35 am

Well, mine get natural stuff (fruit, vegies etc) plus hermie tropical mix from Pet City, and Hermit Crab food from (cant remember!) and Jurassi Diet (thats supposed to be good stuff!). They like the simple tropical mix the best tho. Occasionaly they get peanut butter (just crushed peanuts, no additives) and honey. They are spoilt and happy! :D

Topic author

Post by Guest » Sat Feb 24, 2007 9:29 am

Jeanne wrote:Im more of a "natural" kind of person. I feed my crabs stuff they'd find in the wild, since flatbread is made by humans that's not something they'd come across on their daily trek.. I am not trying to offend anyone but that is my opinion. Crabs might like to eat it but it is not natural for them! :)
Nothing wrong with that.

I'd be happy to take any of Nar's Crab Flat Bread off your hands. :D

With the invasion of Humans in the crabs natural habitat I bet they are getting all kinds of stuff they were never used to having... and my guys went nuts for the flatbread so I think there is something there that they need that isn't in my guys regular diet. Variety is the key!

NaRnAR
Founding Member
Founding Member

Post by NaRnAR » Sat Feb 24, 2007 9:56 am

Crabby Amanda wrote:now that coco oil...i will ahve to admit....i got some on my hand and i just kinda said "hey rub it in"....i did and OMG...narnar you must have soft supple hands cause that stuff was great....and smells good....i hope it is ok to use on me also..haha..my crabs are gonna be soft and supple.
lol....I was reading the jar and it can also be used on your hair as well as on your body! :) Definitely makes the skin soft! hehe!

Jeanne, nothing wrong with that, I totally respect that :) I try to make things as natural as I can but a lot of the truely natural diet for our hermies we cant get our hands on. BUt while they maynot come across oats, or flaxseed in the wild they do come across the spirulina, kelp, other seaweeds as well as various protien sources and seasalt that I add to almost everything, especially the flatbreads.

They also dont come across a great deal of the stuff that is found in any of the "gourmet" foods that a handful of is make and sell. While we cant completely replicate their wild diet....we can add foods to their diet that may supplement what they are mising. :)

Feathers, I have some left over from the "Holiday" flatbreads, if you (or anyone else) is interested??? :wink: However I dont have any extras of the valentines flatbread, I actually have to make a new batch today b/c I ran out! Ill let you know if I have extras come March! :D All I would need is for you to pay shipping.

Topic author

Post by Guest » Sat Feb 24, 2007 10:10 am

well, since you said that narnar....i put some on my sons severly chapped lips and he has not had a problem for 2 days. haha....so i tried it and wow.....you really need to see about making some HUMAN stuff.....

NaRnAR
Founding Member
Founding Member

Post by NaRnAR » Sat Feb 24, 2007 10:34 am

funny you mention that. I actually have a coconut lip balm made mostly from the coconut oil (and then the stuff that keeps it from melting in my pocket ;) ) and it work fabulous :D Ive been thinking of trying it on my hair since it gets really dry during the winter. Might have to do that!

Human stuff huh? Ive had requests for human muffins as well...hmmmm... :twisted: lol! Not sure how many people out there eat dried fruits? That could be fun..."shopping for you and your hermies!" hehe!

Topic author

Post by Guest » Sat Feb 24, 2007 10:39 am

Nar, have you already shipped out my Palm & coconut Oils and my seaweed special foods? If not add a little to my package and email how much extra shipping I owe... If it's already gone out let me know how much shipping and I'll take some extra of any other flavors you have... I still have some of the orignal (December) flavor. :)

Have I told you lately how much I appreciate the foods you make and sell? It really really helps me provide a balanced diet for my guys. :D

It'd cost a small fortune (and a rather large pantry) to buy all the ingredients myself.

Topic author

Post by Guest » Sat Feb 24, 2007 10:55 pm

i love dried fruit and about DIED when my dehydrator gave up the ghost. sniffle...i could do it the oven method...but i am to lazy....when i worked for a compounding pharmacy...i made creams, ointments, lipbalm...lotions...potions....haha....and i think i could easily get into making human stuff...jsut to lazy ....well, maybe not lazy...but busy.

well, my crabs have BOTH dug under as soon as they were put into the new tat.....i think they are BOTH molting.....recon i need to take the food out?

Topic author

Post by Guest » Sun Feb 25, 2007 7:52 pm

Jeanne wrote:Im more of a "natural" kind of person. I feed my crabs stuff they'd find in the wild, since flatbread is made by humans that's not something they'd come across on their daily trek.. I am not trying to offend anyone but that is my opinion. Crabs might like to eat it but it is not natural for them! :)
I have a friend in Key West who has a problem with the hermits eating her cat & dog food, which are located on her back porch. She also saw a pile of them enjoying McDonalds french fries near the roadway. :lol: I am thinking that we aren't at all sure what the hermits are eating anymore....not with so many humans & McDonalds in their natural habitat! :lol:

hulk

Post by hulk » Sun Feb 25, 2007 8:10 pm

well it is good to know they adaopt well =) lol I just can't say how healhy that would be ha ha...I do know my hermies eat better then I do HA HA

I am ordering the red plam oil for my straws mostly...it is just that they are molting and unactive right now so I am hoping this will perk them up. Plus I am thinking of the PBJ and M flatbread...=) I have so much food already though..I guess it will last cause I give them like 6 different kinds a week...plus the fresh stuff. but I am waiting till the first of the month for my green flat bread! I promised the crabbies a st patties surprise ;)
Paige

NaRnAR
Founding Member
Founding Member

Post by NaRnAR » Mon Feb 26, 2007 6:47 am

lol McDonalds...somehow it doesnt surprise me!

Hulk, the green flatbread is awfully stinky this month, well for March. Theres spirulina, chamomile, dandelion leaf and krill in it! Mmmm *eck! But its definitely GREEN

Topic author

popcorn granola

Post by Guest » Mon Apr 30, 2007 2:17 pm

Just got my popcorn granola and it looks awesome. Everyone is in molt or premolt, so they're on a special diet right now. But when they all return to the surface I am going to have a great new item to introduce to them! I love the ingredients. It looks great too--I keep having to remind myself that it is not human food!

burnin4Christ

Post by burnin4Christ » Wed May 02, 2007 8:05 am

I am going to have to ask my mom if I can order anything from you narnar. If not then when I move out I will definently order!