E Swap ~ Pics added and now a video too! :D

Where we discuss the behavior of our hermit crabs, as in fights, pecking orders, shell swaps, etc. Please post all naked-crab posts in the Emergency forum.

Topic author

E Swap ~ Pics added and now a video too! :D

Post by Guest » Wed Jan 30, 2008 6:20 pm

YEAH!! Came home, saw a shell that was previously owned by a hermie of mine... Did a little freak out because my E's are not fond of swapping shells so I was terrified I had a streaker! :shock: And there amongst the moss pits is a newly occupied Babylonia Spiralata shell with little E eyes staring at me.

Now, any of you that have followed my E sagas will know that I desperately need Sebastian to swap... Was this Sebastian? Was it his shell laying in the substrate? No... It was Stitch... My one E with probably the best fitting shell out of them all... :roll: Now I know why... He's the only one willing to swap!! lol

EDIT: I turned into the paparazzi again. :roll: Sorry the new pics were taken with the not so good camera. :(

Stitch BEFORE:

Stitch NOW:
Last edited by Guest on Thu Feb 07, 2008 8:09 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Tetracolor

Post by Tetracolor » Wed Jan 30, 2008 6:27 pm

Heehee. :lol: What a nice little surprise to come home to! I've actually had the pleasure of watching a couple of my E's swap shells. :) To bad it wasn't Sebastian though.
Crabbing for 6 years now.
15 PPs, 1 Beardie

Tetracolor

Post by Tetracolor » Wed Jan 30, 2008 7:04 pm

Yay! I just realized you added the pics... :oops: he looks adorable in that new shell! It's extremely cute on him!
Crabbing for 6 years now.
15 PPs, 1 Beardie

Topic author

Post by Guest » Wed Jan 30, 2008 8:43 pm

Thanks! :D

Topic author
MudCrabDude

Post by MudCrabDude » Wed Jan 30, 2008 11:30 pm

I have no idea what just happened here, but hearing that was cute....(I think....)

:tongue1: :smt101 :smt101 :smt101

Topic author

Post by Guest » Thu Jan 31, 2008 12:34 am

Very cute Raen, Stitch looks good in his new clothes and I'm sorry Sebastian hasn't changed yet, I'm sure as soon as he gets out of the butt hugger stage he will! hehe

Topic author

Post by Guest » Thu Jan 31, 2008 10:08 am

Butt hugger stage is a VERY accurate description! lol His shell was too small when I took him home, and it's REALLY too small now. lol

Topic author

Post by Guest » Thu Jan 31, 2008 10:30 am

What a cutie!!! :love7: It is pretty impressive when an E changes shells, isn't it? (Since the RARELY do!!!) :laughing9:

Topic author

Post by Guest » Thu Jan 31, 2008 1:44 pm

Exactly, Kathy. :) This was my first non-emergency E shell swap. The PPs swap like no tomorrow, but the Es? Not a chance. The only other one I've seen was when Colonel Hathi swapped for me from his shattered to pieces shell he was wearing when I purchased him to another (way too small, I might add) shell on the way home. (I purchased him because I watched in horror as the Petsmart employee dropped him from about 4 feet off the ground.) At least he had the sense to change!

Incidently, Stitch was my rescued crab. Some of you may remember the story of a very pitiful looking crabby given to me by a kind store employee... That's him! And I think he's doing FABULOUS! :D

(Proud Momma syndrome... Right here... :oops: )

ElinaGrace

Post by ElinaGrace » Fri Feb 01, 2008 11:04 pm

I can't believe what I hear all the time!

Everyone I've talked to, says that E's NEVER change shells, but I have 2 E's (Delios,and Artemis)

Delios, changed within an hour of him being in his new home, the shell was too big, so he changed back into his old shell, then changed into a different one that fits!

My other, Artemis, changed out of her's, into Delios's old shell, back into her own, then into another one!

But I know what you mean when you say Sebastian needs to change shells, my largest one Leonidas, was so overly large for his shell, that he couldn't go in all the way and stuck out, but wouldn't change!

But, I do not have to worry about Leonidas now, because he passed away yesterday afternoon, when I got back from school. :'[

Topic author

Post by Guest » Fri Feb 01, 2008 11:22 pm

OMG, that third pic down is too cute! I want to just )))squeeze((( him :love4:

Congrats to little Stitch! [smilie=banana.gif]

Topic author

Post by Guest » Sat Feb 02, 2008 10:39 am

MommaChickadee wrote:OMG, that third pic down is too cute! I want to just )))squeeze((( him :love4: ...
hahaha.. Yeah, that is by far my favourite picture of him. He's a little on the spazzy side so getting a pic of him where he's not a blur of moving limbs is rare indeed.

Topic author

Post by Guest » Sun Feb 03, 2008 9:04 am

I love the pics! Absolutely Adorable!
And I love your shell shelf!

Topic author

Post by Guest » Sun Feb 03, 2008 9:41 am

Thanks! You're also, unfortunately seeing the shelf on one of it's empty days. Every once in a while I find about half the shells have been fired into other parts of the tank. :roll:

Topic author

Post by Guest » Sun Feb 03, 2008 3:36 pm

I guess it's happened to me too! I've had Dorian for 7 months, still in the same shell. But today Dorian changed into a turbo shell and Silver, who's been with me for 4 months hopped right into Dorian's shell. I'm glad my husband saw the swap, otherwise I'd think Silver was naked somewhere. But instead of showing off his gorgeous new shell (aTCP special I got yesterday) he's dug himself down. Dorian NEVER digs down except for the time he molted. So now I'm worried about Dorian

They're making me crazy [smilie=banghead.gif]