Good Job Ebert! *Update* Ebert not abducted

This forum is where you discuss issues relating to molting hermit crabs, including pre- and post-molting issues. If you are having a molting emergency please post in the Emergency Forum.

Topic author

Good Job Ebert! *Update* Ebert not abducted

Post by Guest » Thu Feb 21, 2008 7:02 am

*Please go to end of post to see update :)
I still don't have my camera battery recharged, but I JUST HAD to post something.
One of my favorites, an E named Ebert, just came up this morning. I actually got to watch him resurface :D He is so much darker than before I can't wait to post a picture!
I had been worried about him before he disappeared - he wasn't as mobile as normal
but his furry new exo explains it all
I think he was only under for around 10 days or so.
this is a BEFORE pic - you can see how pale and monochromatic he was to begin with.
AFTER pic to follow
Last edited by Guest on Sun Mar 16, 2008 8:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Topic author
wickedannabella

Post by wickedannabella » Thu Feb 21, 2008 10:38 am

Congrats! I can't wait to see the AFTER pic!!!

:lol:

Topic author

Post by Guest » Thu Feb 21, 2008 11:42 am

he's so cute! i bet he's gotten even more handsome afterwards:D

Tetracolor

Post by Tetracolor » Thu Feb 21, 2008 5:52 pm

He's such a cutie right now, I'm actually afraid to see the AFTER picture! :lol:

Congrats on the successful molt!!
:party:
Crabbing for 6 years now.
15 PPs, 1 Beardie

Topic author
MudCrabDude

Post by MudCrabDude » Thu Feb 21, 2008 11:01 pm

Yay, Ebert! :clap:

Topic author

Post by Guest » Fri Feb 22, 2008 12:46 am

Well, congrats on the successful molt... But you're leaving us hanging here! lol I've been checking back all day waiting for the "AFTER" pic so I could rant and rave about how gorgeous he was before and how much he has surpassed that now. :D lol Get crackin'! lol

Topic author
wickedannabella

Post by wickedannabella » Fri Feb 22, 2008 8:05 am

Ahem! *taps foot impatiently!*

:worthless:

:wink:

Topic author

Post by Guest » Fri Feb 22, 2008 9:57 am

:D :D
Thanks
I do have the camera working now- but I can't find Ebert to take a pic!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
That doesn't mean that he has dug down though, I added a 'rock face' and there are other places I can't reach without taking them apart and totally scaring the legs off of them :roll:
So I thought I would use this as an excuse to post the most recent pic of the tank by way of expanation:
(Also we are going on vacation for a week - I am SO going to miss these guys! I hope they will be OK!.....) I will try to catch a photo of Ebert then :)
Left of center on the big log is one of my E's ( I think it's Echo, and right of center in spiral cut shell eating bird seed is LeafHider) There are 20 crabs in this tank!!!!!If you can believe it :?

Topic author

Post by Guest » Fri Feb 22, 2008 10:01 am

Thanks for the posts guys!! Be back with pics of the Caymans in 8 days ( hopefully catching a pic of a native crab)

Topic author
wickedannabella

Post by wickedannabella » Fri Feb 22, 2008 10:04 am

Very pretty tank! Very cool! Love the creativeness! (I'm too linear I think)

Tetracolor

Post by Tetracolor » Fri Feb 22, 2008 10:15 am

Oh, wow! Your 'tat is plain out gorgeous! :shock: I love how creative and thoughtful you got with it!
Crabbing for 6 years now.
15 PPs, 1 Beardie

Topic author

Post by Guest » Fri Feb 22, 2008 4:18 pm

Nice job Ebert! Your tank looks gorgeous! :D

Ellinj0206

Post by Ellinj0206 » Fri Feb 22, 2008 8:47 pm

How big is your tat?
Check out El's Shells: http://www.elsshells.com for all of your hermit crab food and shell needs!All-natural, certified organic food and an outstanding selection of shells and crabitat necessities---all at great prices!!

evre1's-mom

Post by evre1's-mom » Sun Feb 24, 2008 10:53 pm

No use posting, guys. He's "off to the Caymans" as he said. I'm green with envy! :sad2: :sad2:
9 PP's and 1 Rug. RIP Willie 4-24-08, Spitz, 5-30-08 & our little friend we never named 9/08
http://www.flickr.com/photos/23401121@N04/
http://www.flickr.com/photos/23357033@N05/

Topic author

Back!

Post by Guest » Sun Mar 09, 2008 11:38 am

Hi! Thanks for the posts!
I have been back a week since last sunday but I haven't had the heart to come back to the site until I could find Ebert!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I had a friend take care of the tank and everyone seems very well - BUT I CAN'T FIND EBERT :?
I have begun to search my house with both eyes and nose for signs of an escaped E. So far nothing.
Does anyone know if a small E is likely to disappear for a week after only being up a week from a molt?
Anyway, Grand Cayman was great and I don't want to sound spoiled - and I will ONLY confess this on this site - but I was a bit disappointed not to see a single hermit crab along the 7mile stretch! Just curly tail lizards. A lady who is native to the island told me that there are many LHC's on Cayman Brac. You have to take a small charter plane out to that one. Oh well. And paradise beaches yes, but NO seashells. I mean NONE. Ok maybe some teeny teeny tiny things in the sand but really NONE. Not even in the souvenir shops (unless as jewelry). There was nothing in the water or the beach but coral rock. I did bring some of the coral rock back for the tank, but next year we are planning for the Florida Keys - I want to find a shell and see one of my crabs use it :)
Sorry for the run on post....
glad to be back - I missed my little guys!!
Oh yeah- Thanks for the comments about the tank It's a 48 G( I have been working on it this whole week to fix a running stream I installed before I left and now it's a bit changed :wink: )
The coral rock doesn't look like much but after all that typing I wanted to include a pic