Chat Night!!!

Older topics that are in the process of being sorted and moved into the appropriate Archived sections below.

bksbuddha

Post by bksbuddha » Fri Feb 22, 2008 6:54 pm

:shock: And what are y'all doing in there? [smilie=joke.gif]
I march to the beat of a different drummer...did I mention my husband is a drummer!

PPs,Straws,Es,Ruggies, Violas, & Indos!
3 Hounds, 1 Bunny-Lilly, 6 PDFs, Corns-Slither,Squiggle,Sparkle,Spirit,& Skully, Crayfish-Chester & Little Fella, Ts-Allure, Charisma, & Ladybird!

MacandHunter
Founding Member
Founding Member

Post by MacandHunter » Fri Feb 22, 2008 6:56 pm

having fun. :) Come on over BK!
Crabbing since 7/4/04 - 10 years!
I'm not asking salvation from you - I'm just asking to be safe for a while
make it easy - make this easy
it's not as heavy as it seems
wrapped in metal -wrapped in ivy - painted in mint ice cream

bksbuddha

Post by bksbuddha » Fri Feb 22, 2008 6:58 pm

:( I still have to eat supper...how bout after that? :)
I march to the beat of a different drummer...did I mention my husband is a drummer!

3 Hounds, 1 Bunny-Lilly, 6 PDFs, Corns-Slither,Squiggle,Sparkle,Spirit,& Skully, Crayfish-Chester & Little Fella, Ts-Allure, Charisma, & Ladybird!

MacandHunter
Founding Member
Founding Member

Post by MacandHunter » Fri Feb 22, 2008 7:14 pm

bksbuddha wrote::( I still have to eat supper...how bout after that? :)
Sure, as long as we are still here. :) Eat that supper super fast! ;)
Crabbing since 7/4/04 - 10 years!
I'm not asking salvation from you - I'm just asking to be safe for a while
make it easy - make this easy
it's not as heavy as it seems
wrapped in metal -wrapped in ivy - painted in mint ice cream

Post by Guest » Fri Feb 22, 2008 7:47 pm

I'm in!!! :D

Post by Guest » Fri Feb 22, 2008 7:59 pm

I, unfortunately, will have to miss this chat night. I'm leaving work right now and won't be on later. :sad11:

bksbuddha

Post by bksbuddha » Fri Feb 22, 2008 8:14 pm

ON MY WAY IN!!! :hlol:

Post by Guest » Fri Feb 22, 2008 10:23 pm

I'd like to be on my way in, too. I got in, and a few people acknowledged that I was in the room. I could read what everyone was saying, but I couldn't find how to post anything. I read the directions, but I still couldn't find out how to post. :cry:

Help!!!

Ellinj0206

Post by Ellinj0206 » Fri Feb 22, 2008 10:26 pm

Hey Gramm,

Not sure if you're still around. All you have to do is make sure you are typing in the blue colored area on the bottom of the screen then hit "Enter" on your keyboard...that's it!

:-)
El
Check out El's Shells: http://www.elsshells.com for all of your hermit crab food and shell needs!All-natural, certified organic food and an outstanding selection of shells and crabitat necessities---all at great prices!!

Tidytourniquet

Post by Tidytourniquet » Fri Feb 22, 2008 10:30 pm

When I first went in for some reason I wasn't able to type in the box so I had to sign out then sign back in and it was fine. Maybe you had the same problem?
6 PP's, 1 chocolate lab, 1 ragdoll, 3 goldfish, 2 turtles, 2 fire bellied toads and lots of tropical fish

Post by Guest » Fri Feb 22, 2008 10:33 pm

I had to click the blue bar as well with my mouse to be able to type. After that it just defaulted to there whenever I started typing.

bksbuddha

Post by bksbuddha » Fri Feb 22, 2008 10:33 pm

Gram, make sure there's a little vertical line in that box on the bottom before ya type. If ya still can't type, put your cursor on there & click to make the line appear. :)

Post by Guest » Fri Feb 22, 2008 11:04 pm

Boy, thanks for the immediate response.

Once I went into the blue bar it allowed me to type in. But why on earth doesn't it say 'type message here', or something to that effect?

bksbuddha

Post by bksbuddha » Sat Feb 23, 2008 11:10 am

:wink: Because it's assumed that everyone knows how to operate it. That's the thing w/electronics, too. My mom has trouble w/her cellphone because she doesn't have a computer & is more computer challenged than I am. Sometimes ya just gotta look at it & try anything that ya can to figure it out. That's how I learn about everything...trial & error. :lol:

Post by Guest » Sat Feb 23, 2008 11:34 am

Grammarcia wrote:Boy, thanks for the immediate response.

Once I went into the blue bar it allowed me to type in. But why on earth doesn't it say 'type message here', or something to that effect?
All chatrooms are basically set up the same way, whether we are talking about the one here, or the chatrooms on AIM, YAHOO, etc. I don't remember seeing any type-here-message in any of them. I think it's just an assumption that people will know where they are to type. :dontknow: