mango?

For any and all questions about feeding, diet and different foods. Questions and posts about purchasing from stores should be made in the Shopping section.

Topic author

mango?

Post by Guest » Thu Jul 17, 2008 9:03 pm

since its tropical i figure i can give them mango, but should i give them the meat or the skin? does it matter?

Topic author

Post by Guest » Thu Jul 17, 2008 9:52 pm

I'm not too confident in my answer but your crab can probably have the skin and meat

glacier44

Post by glacier44 » Thu Jul 17, 2008 9:55 pm

I avoid skins usually because I'm afraid of pesticides and ripening agents. I haven't seen any organic Mangoes up here so I haven't tried it.

I'm sure someone more experienced than me will be by with the answer soon :)

oh and mine LOVE Mango - fresh and dried. The dried stuff they drag all over the tat
An Alaskan Crabber!
Furry Paws- Best dog sim game ever!
http://www.furry-paws.com/main/index/18

Kilimanjaro

Post by Kilimanjaro » Thu Jul 17, 2008 9:58 pm

I think both parts of the mango are edible, but I would only offer the flesh if it is not organic. Peels tend to concentrate most of the pesticides. :)

Topic author

Post by Guest » Fri Jul 18, 2008 8:58 am

I throw in the pit and the skin off the mangoes that I took the flesh for myself, they love them! You can also buy the mango baby food they like that too :)

Topic author

Post by Guest » Fri Jul 18, 2008 10:36 am

My mom loves mango, so i give it to my crabs fairly often. They love it!

Tetracolor

Post by Tetracolor » Fri Jul 18, 2008 11:42 am

Ditto the above. The skin tends to have more pesticides and icky stuff, but the meat is good. :D
Crabbing for 6 years now.
15 PPs, 1 Beardie

Topic author

Post by Guest » Sat Jul 19, 2008 1:21 pm

thanx 4 the info! too bad they wont get it anytime soon, the people ate all the mango yesterday :hlol: