What's on today's menu & recipe sharing ~2009~

For any and all questions about feeding, diet and different foods. Questions and posts about purchasing from stores should be made in the Shopping section.

Topic author

Post by Guest » Thu Feb 12, 2009 7:38 am

NotaMallard wrote:Peas, green beans, carrot, and pineapple chunks with river shrimp sprinkled around. Plus a piece of dried orchid.
As soon as I put it in the 'tat my jumbo Leif decided to sit right in the gigantic clam shell dish, not even eating but blocking all the others' access. He is such a bully sometimes! :D
LOL! Same thing with Harry a couple nights ago. He ate some, decided he liked it, and just sat on it for the rest of the night so nobody else could eat it! (he didn't know they had sneaked out and tasted some earlier :D)

Topic author

Post by Guest » Thu Feb 12, 2009 4:14 pm

They really liked the carrot/mango baby food!

Tonight they're trying the organic chicken with winter vegetables baby food with oats on the side and banana sprinkled with sesame seeds!

:flower:

Topic author

Post by Guest » Fri Feb 13, 2009 5:15 pm

nope - the chicken baby food was not well received at all. But the miniature rose I put in the tat next to the banana was shredded like confetti all over the place! I just imagined a big party last night with the crabs throwing the petals up in the air at the stroke of midnight... hehe

Anyway - tonight they'll have coconut and the last piece of festive flat bread from THHC - and some worm castings topped with freezedried shrimp. Fresh cuttlebone was added, too!

Topic author
MudCrabDude

Post by MudCrabDude » Sat Feb 14, 2009 12:02 am

Live crix for that special Valentine mealio... :D

Topic author

Post by Guest » Sun Feb 15, 2009 11:44 am

I just made them some oatmeal with chunks of fresh apple, peanut butter, and honey. Its a gooey mess and it smell delicious haha. I even froze some of it so hopefully they like it haha.

They also got some of THHC's bugs and nuts and a whole raw shrimp.

NotaMallard

Post by NotaMallard » Sun Feb 15, 2009 1:49 pm

Last night they had pearled barley, semolina pasta, eggplant, soy nuts, kiwi, and coconut mixed with honey. So far I've seen my micro E/ruggie munching on the coconut, eggplant, and pasta, but everyone else has turned up their nose at it in favor of food that's been in the 'tat for days.
I've got a zoo in my house. I should charge admission.

Topic author

La Menu for tonight

Post by Guest » Mon Feb 16, 2009 12:24 pm

For tonight, I'm going to do something a little special. I haven't seen them get along this well in ages, and good crabs get rewards, sooo...

1st course: oatmeal, mixed with honey and plump raisins
2nd course: popcorn, dusted with a little of THHC's colorful crabby
3rd course: A chunk of apple, with a little hole in the middle that has some of THHC's PB&J toast inside it

Yummy! :D

Topic author

Post by Guest » Mon Feb 16, 2009 7:36 pm

Change of plans! I'm doing apple chunks, with nuts and raisins, popcorn, dusted with bluegreen, and pb&j toast on the side. :)

Topic author

Post by Guest » Tue Feb 17, 2009 12:13 am

Tonight my crabbies will have a breakfast buffet...

A tiny egg omelet with crumbled shells, spirulina and bladderwrack
A homemade granola of oats, sesame, pumpkin seed, walnuts and almonds
A hunk of really overripe banana drizzled with honey

NotaMallard

Post by NotaMallard » Tue Feb 17, 2009 9:52 am

Celery leaves, green grapes, cactus, and bison meat. Oh, and some walnut. I left the shell on the floor for a few minutes and my dog ate the bison, so I had to replace it. :?

Crabbygurl4eva

Post by Crabbygurl4eva » Thu Feb 19, 2009 7:27 pm

tonight there having
chicken , apples , bananas , oatmeal :crabbigsmile:

NotaMallard

Post by NotaMallard » Fri Feb 20, 2009 4:04 pm

Yesterday they munched on mung beans, pinto beans, black bean flakes, dulse flakes, lime and peel, and some brine shrimp. They were happy campers, I've seen four eating it so far. They especially love the mung beans.

Xena

Post by Xena » Fri Feb 20, 2009 5:40 pm

I just received a new batch of foods from Hermit Crab Addiction and had to share what the hit of the night has been:

I did a shell mix of water and their flower chilly roses blend which you make into a paste. The crabs came out from nowhere and inhaled it.

The other successes so far have been all of the Chilly mixes she makes (hibiscus, strawberry, pineapple, fruit, bee pollen and honey, etc.), dried whole small octopus, spirulina powder, mango cuttlebone powder, banana cuttlebone powder, winter bliss dried flower and the queen of t all, her new whole flatted bananas. OMG they went insane over those and climbed on a strip and wouldn't move.

NotaMallard

Post by NotaMallard » Fri Feb 20, 2009 9:13 pm

I love the Addiction store. They adore the octopus, squid, and herring I've purchased from her. The rest of the stuff they're okay with, but don't love.

Xena

Post by Xena » Sat Feb 21, 2009 1:05 pm

I am telling you mine (a good % of them) go out of their minds for the chilly mixes...I make this paste with it and they get all jiggy with it hahahaha