long time, no see

This is a forum dedicated to Hermit Crab Association members posting pictures of their crabs and crabitats.

Topic author
annopia

long time, no see

Post by annopia » Thu Jan 14, 2010 6:31 am

its been awhile since ive been here. law school is merciless and i'm also going through some serious medical problems as well. i didn't have much free time, but i'm now an insomniac, and i've missed being here. i've missed you guys, and i think i'm going to be around here more permanetlly now. Lots has changed in my crab world, and i have a bunch of new crabs (well, ive had some for months but never posted them) that i adore and want to share with you.

Strawberries:

Persimmon

Pomegranite

Blueberries

Tanzanite

Opalite

Amethyst

Agate

Indos:

fig

plum

rosalie

aussies:

Hellios

Iris

Astraea

Artemis

Violas:

Azurite

Citrine

Lapis

Spinel

Topaz

Tourmaline

Caroline
26 LHC: 6 PPs, 5 Es, 1 Straw, 6 Ruggies, 2 Indos, 1 Blueberry, 4 Violas, 1 Aussie

Rosepetalbed

Post by Rosepetalbed » Thu Jan 14, 2010 2:19 pm

:D Glad to see you back!!!!! We missed you as well!!! :hug: I hope things get easier for you at School, and your health!!! [smilie=fingerscrossed.jpg]

BTW your crabbies are beautiful.... :notworthy: defiantly steal able.... :hearts:

Welcome back!!!! :cheer:
125 Gallon tank with 54 crabs ...E's PP'S,Violas,Rugs, And Indo's

Mrs. G

Post by Mrs. G » Thu Jan 14, 2010 3:49 pm

Glad to hear from you!!!! And welcome back :D :) :D :) Your crabs are gorgeous!!!! How are your Marine crabbies as well?????? Sure hope the Medical issues get better!!!! They are a real strain,,, I can relate to that one!!!!!! :x Look forward to hearing from you more often, you sure helped me out when I had hermie trauma!!!!!

Mrs. G :D
owned by a spoiled amazon parrot a yellow lab amber a golden retriever captain and 2 pps zeus and posieden,70 gallon fish tank and a ecosphere. one 13 year old son and my hubby

MacandHunter
Founding Member
Founding Member

Post by MacandHunter » Thu Jan 14, 2010 7:12 pm

Hi Caroline. Glad to see you back. Happy to see your crabs too, more happy to see you though! Tanzanite is not quite like any crab I have ever seen before, he is beautiful.
Crabbing since 7/4/04 - 10 years!
I'm not asking salvation from you - I'm just asking to be safe for a while
make it easy - make this easy
it's not as heavy as it seems
wrapped in metal -wrapped in ivy - painted in mint ice cream

suebee

Post by suebee » Thu Jan 14, 2010 8:26 pm

nice to meet you, Is Rosalie a pink Indo! she i lovely, guess you need to go out and buy diamond!
I buy from ELHC or HCP, I CANNOT RECEIVE PM MESSAGES SO EMAIL ME,anytime! suebeebuzz@me.com visit my Hermit Crab Dollar Store. Crabbing from aprox 1974- I own 12 Species,On Face Book-Susan Staff's Coenobita Research of New Jersey

tlivs

Post by tlivs » Thu Jan 14, 2010 10:22 pm

hi wb
don't know if you remember me, but you help me out quite a bit when i first joined

beautiful crabs!
that tanzanite is a very photogenic crab, such a cutie!
arthur, charlie, ralph, hunter and oliver
rip. benjamin

Topic author
annopia

Post by annopia » Fri Jan 15, 2010 8:23 am

Mrs. G wrote:Glad to hear from you!!!! And welcome back :D :) :D :) Your crabs are gorgeous!!!! How are your Marine crabbies as well?????? Sure hope the Medical issues get better!!!! They are a real strain,,, I can relate to that one!!!!!! :x Look forward to hearing from you more often, you sure helped me out when I had hermie trauma!!!!!

Mrs. G :D
the marine hermits are doing well...i've had a few deaths, but none that were not preventable...MHC molt and molt until they eventually grow TOO big and either the akwardness of their legs being twice as long as their pinchers, or they are physically unable to grow anymore for their species.

Caroline
26 LHC: 6 PPs, 5 Es, 1 Straw, 6 Ruggies, 2 Indos, 1 Blueberry, 4 Violas, 1 Aussie

Topic author
annopia

Post by annopia » Fri Jan 15, 2010 8:25 am

MacandHunter wrote:Hi Caroline. Glad to see you back. Happy to see your crabs too, more happy to see you though! Tanzanite is not quite like any crab I have ever seen before, he is beautiful.
he is really special looking, isn't he? the darkest of all my blueberries (though not the largest) and he is sweet and active just like his species buddies, always out and about :D

Caroline

Topic author
annopia

Post by annopia » Fri Jan 15, 2010 8:27 am

suebee wrote:nice to meet you, Is Rosalie a pink Indo! she i lovely, guess you need to go out and buy diamond!
Rosalie is indeed a pink indo...and her name was just one of those that popped out of my head. two minutes into holding her, the name just pops out of my head!

sadly, i'll have to wait for a white sparkly crab for the name diamond...

Caroline

Topic author
annopia

Post by annopia » Fri Jan 15, 2010 8:28 am

thank all your guess for your well wishes...i love being back here.

Caroline

sugarselections

Post by sugarselections » Fri Jan 15, 2010 9:23 am

Isn't ELHC just the absolute best? I wrote some reviews on their site and saw that you had too. I was hoping you'd post pictures here at the HCA so I could see your babies. I love the names you gave them and all the crabs are gorgeous.

Topic author
annopia

Post by annopia » Fri Jan 15, 2010 11:19 am

sugarselections wrote:Isn't ELHC just the absolute best? I wrote some reviews on their site and saw that you had too. I was hoping you'd post pictures here at the HCA so I could see your babies. I love the names you gave them and all the crabs are gorgeous.

oh yes, I am more that amazed at the level of care and love all the crabs at ELHC get. I have gotten about twenty crabs from them and only one has died, nothing like the death rate i got for crabs i ordered from other sites. have you heard about the substrate used there

Caroline

suebee

Post by suebee » Fri Jan 15, 2010 11:47 am

no what substrate? Oh and maybe the Coenobita variabilis - Silver Streak can by your diamond! I Love talking with Bob he has so much to learn from. Ill be getting crabs from him soon!
I buy from ELHC or HCP, I CANNOT RECEIVE PM MESSAGES SO EMAIL ME,anytime! suebeebuzz@me.com visit my Hermit Crab Dollar Store. Crabbing from aprox 1974- I own 12 Species,On Face Book-Susan Staff's Coenobita Research of New Jersey

Topic author
annopia

Post by annopia » Fri Jan 15, 2010 12:03 pm

suebee wrote:no what substrate? Oh and maybe the Coenobita variabilis - Silver Streak can by your diamond! I Love talking with Bob he has so much to learn from. Ill be getting crabs from him soon!
well, the majority of the substrate is within the normal range here a sand a coco fiber mix. but he also incorporates crushed oyster shells (a source of calcium) that helps the crabs with their color. you can also put a bit spoonful on the tank's ground and the next morning poof! its gone. they love it.

Caroline

TheCrabbyTabby

Post by TheCrabbyTabby » Fri Jan 15, 2010 12:38 pm

I hope that your medical situation will soon resolve itself and that you are healthy once again, if that can be possible. I know some medical situations are for life.

It was nice to see your crabbies old and new and I wish you many more years of happy crabbing.
Please don't breed or buy while shelter pets die! Opt to Adopt!!
I know an awful lot about hamsters, betta fish and many other animals so don't hesitate to ask me if you have an animal related question!!!