Groovy Jacuzzis

All about freshwater & saltwater - dechlorinators, salt, water bowls, and pool construction & maintenance.

Rosepetalbed

Post by Rosepetalbed » Sun Jan 24, 2010 11:33 pm

Awwwwww that's disappointing :| And not exactly cheap either!!!!

The Exo-Terra's are much like the Jacuzzi, I buried it into the sand and the crabs seems to enjoy it :D I even put a fish tank ornament of a bridge in it, for easy in and out access :wink:
125 Gallon tank with 54 crabs ...E's PP'S,Violas,Rugs, And Indo's

tigermoon89

pool

Post by tigermoon89 » Sun Jan 24, 2010 11:43 pm

You could try making one. I currently use pyrex glass dishes (you could use plastic or glazed clay :wink:) and use aquarium sealant or another safe glue, to glue on rocks and pebbles. You could even design your own ramp :)
Crystal
"There is no right way to do the wrong thing." - KingFisher

My organic hermit crab food store, Crabby Teas is now up and running! Please feel free to check out the shop. Mention the HCA and I will include a free gift! http://www.etsy.com/shop/CrabbyTeas?ref=pr_shop

Topic author

Post by Guest » Mon Jan 25, 2010 1:25 pm

That's what I have now, pyrex with small aquarium gravel glued on using aquarium sealant... I just worry about getting them clean enough with those messy hermies dragging food into them and washing the peanut butter off themselves in there all the time :lol:

So many pool choices, so little ground space in the tank :hlol:

suebee

Post by suebee » Mon Jan 25, 2010 7:06 pm

how deep are the pools? I cant find measurements for that.
I buy from ELHC or HCP, I CANNOT RECEIVE PM MESSAGES SO EMAIL ME,anytime! suebeebuzz@me.com visit my Hermit Crab Dollar Store. Crabbing from aprox 1974- I own 12 Species,On Face Book-Susan Staff's Coenobita Research of New Jersey

Topic author

Post by Guest » Mon Mar 29, 2010 11:51 am

I just want to post a word of warning: I got a small size Jacuzzi and I have a tiny little guy. I haven't seen him in it yet, but looking at the depth of the bowl, I'd say he'd have a hard time getting out. I'm going to recommend that, even though there are "stairs" you put rocks in the bottom of the bowl if you have anything other than a good sized medium. The first "step" looks pretty high. Other than that, I just want to say I love it. It makes the tank look much more natural. The bowls on top of the substrate make it look so artificial. But with this bowl I'm most definitely on the road to creating a more tropical looking environment for my guys.

Topic author

Re: Groovy Jacuzzis

Post by Guest » Fri Sep 24, 2010 10:02 am

Is your jumbo PP able to submerge in it? I'd like to find something where my large indo can go into/submerge in. How much space is the jacuzzi taking in your tank?

maroonandgold wrote:Just wanted to leave a review for Fluker's Groovy Jacuzzis. When I first saw these, I thought they seemed useless. I preferred using tupperware. And then I got a tiny and jumbo and came upon a problem. So I ordered two of these recently from Drs. Foster and Smith and am very impressed. Since my jumbo is a PP and my Es are medium and tiny, I ordered a large for freshwater and a medium for saltwater. So far so good! They look great and have a wonderful ramp that makes it easy for the crabs to get in and out. I highly recommend them.

Mama Crabs

Post by Mama Crabs » Sat May 14, 2011 8:51 pm

I have 2 jacuzzis in my tank and love them. I've had them for a year now. I've actually seen a micro ruggie crawl into the dish going down the side (he didn't use the stairs) then he walked completely under water to the other side and back up the side to exit the dish. It was like he was spiderman walking up a wall. He had no problem moving around the dish and getting out without using the stairs. It was like there was enough texture in the dish for him to grab hold of to move in and out of the dish safely, and this was a micro crab!!

My other crabs love hanging out on the sides of the dish, the dish has a rock edge that a crab can sit on nicely. Sometimes they sit on the edge and relax just their front claws in the water.

reichiere

Post by reichiere » Fri May 20, 2011 1:58 pm

I bought one of these on clearance...

I washed it but I noticed when it's moist the sides are sticky/tacky.

Stuff doesn't stick to it but if you touch it when it's moist your hand kinda sticks for a second before coming off.

It's like it has a syrup coating on it, or like almost dry paint.

When it's dry or wet it doesn't have this tackiness, just when its moist.

Does anyone jacuzzi have this issue? I'm kind of afraid I got a defective one.

Mama Crabs

Post by Mama Crabs » Fri May 20, 2011 5:53 pm

my two are fine, they don't have this issue