What's on today's menu & recipe sharing ~2010~

For any and all questions about feeding, diet and different foods. Questions and posts about purchasing from stores should be made in the Shopping section.

Topic author

Post by Guest » Mon Aug 09, 2010 1:39 pm

My lil guys have been on a honey kick lately, so I decided to mix it up. Today they get their Hikari, cheerios, peanut butter, and a wee pile of Fruit and Flower powder. I'm picking up a coconut tonight too, so they'll get a hunk of that as well.

Xyloart

Post by Xyloart » Mon Aug 09, 2010 1:53 pm

Fruit salad (kiwi, mango, blue berries), avocado, tuna, quinoa, all dusted with cuttlebone. :9
Current critters: Cat, Corn Snake, Plated Lizard, two Bettas, 12 PPs, 10 Es, 6 Ruggies, 2 blueberries, 3 strawberries, 2 foster guinea pigs

Shivering Isles

Post by Shivering Isles » Wed Aug 11, 2010 10:31 pm

Color enhancing omelet topped with honey.
"Some things start out big, and some things start out small, very small. But sometimes the smallest thing can make the biggest changes of all."
-Plio from Dinosaur

Kilimanjaro

Post by Kilimanjaro » Wed Aug 11, 2010 11:24 pm

Tonight is salmon boiled in coconut water, placed on a bet of fresh lettuce. :) Coconut is also on the menu, as well as organic Cheerios and honey. :)

Dragonfruit, too! :lol:

Topic author

Post by Guest » Mon Aug 16, 2010 8:47 pm

They have been basically eating the same thing
dehydrated apple
pineapple
honey mixed with crumbled oats
shrimp

can you microwave eggs? I was thinking of making a omelette with a bunch of random food in it tomorrow. I don't have any oil or something to cook it in, so the microwave is the only way.

scyllarus

Post by scyllarus » Mon Aug 16, 2010 10:10 pm

i've done microwaved egg souffle before, it turned out pretty well and they enjoyed it. make sure you're doing scrambled eggs, or else the yolk will burst upon being in the nuker too long.

Topic author

Post by Guest » Tue Aug 17, 2010 8:36 pm

okay. thanks :) You made me want to just crack an egg and put it in the microwave. :violent2:
I bought a coconut so today they are having a brown banana and coconut on a piece of the coconut shell.
and an egg(egg beaters, hopefully its okay for today) I am so thrilled to clean that out tomorrow afternoon.

Topic author

Post by Guest » Fri Aug 20, 2010 10:44 pm

Last night I gave the hermies ground lamb, and they LOVED it. Huge hit. It was cooked, I might go for raw next time.

They also got a squash blossom (it got nibbled, but nothing like the lamb) and their regular stuff that is always in the tank-

worm castings, honey, shrimp exo, peanut butter and a freeze-dried fruit mix

Tonight they are getting watermelon and raw whole shrimp.

Sarah Ann

Post by Sarah Ann » Sat Aug 21, 2010 7:48 am

the only time I have actually seen a dash to the food (this was only last nigh) it when I replaced the scrambled egg (it just looked too ick for me..lol) and gave them their popcorn. Well, out comes Spike and starts to roll some away, as does Strawberry..Tiger was on top of net and I think came down. IT as been a while since I have since 3/8 babies out. :)
6 PP: Big Bird, Kermit, Sophia, Rose, Strawberry and Mando
4 E's: Tiger, Spike, Hank, Fiona
Golden Retriever puppy: Sadie
Cat: Riley
3 Goldfish: Betty, Wilma, Fred
1 husband- Chuck

Topic author

Post by Guest » Sat Aug 21, 2010 10:33 am

Tonight they're having celery, carrots, eggshell and oatmeal grain.

Topic author

Post by Guest » Sun Aug 22, 2010 12:34 am

I always have 3-4 different food dishes in in the tank always. One with fresh stuff-romaine lettuce, grape tomato, cucumber slice, carrot and red cabbage shreds, and blueberries (their salad bowl). They have another dish with fruit and flower powder, dried seaweed, a few krill broken into pieces, dried organic coconut, and some shaved cuttle bone. A shell with earthworm castings and a mineral mix. Then a small shell with a honey and peanut butter ball, and a chunk of some other protein like egg or meat or fish.

They get occasional other things like banana or other fruit in their salad bowl or a fresh hibiscus flower or maple leaves but mainly I just try to get several dishes in there with a variety so they always have something to choose from according to what they feel like eating. They all seem very active, so I am hoping I am doing the right thing by them with their food.

Topic author
Jackie x Jupiter

Post by Jackie x Jupiter » Tue Aug 24, 2010 2:17 pm

scrambled egg with tomato, green bell pepper, egg shell, and mysis shrimp :)

Topic author

Post by Guest » Sun Aug 29, 2010 4:52 am

Mine are having apples, dried cranberries, Pepita's, orange and dried mixed crab food.

and cuttle bone like always :D

VHPlac

Post by VHPlac » Mon Aug 30, 2010 7:20 pm

For the Hermies
piece of raw beef
kibble (homemade)
seaweed
ground brown rice
fresh basil and parsley peach and grape
dried cherry
hibiscus flower I stole of my neighbors bush
side of crushed oyster shell, ground cuttlebone, ground eggshell and seasalt

:wink:

My homo sapiens get Gulash Soup with Italian Bread and Green Salad
5 Purple Pincers
2 Ecuadorians
1 Doberman Pincher (female)
1 Albino California King Snake
1 Boa Constrictor Imperator
1 Worm Snake
6 Homo Sapiens (1 adult male called Hubby (33) and 5 of his offspring (3 males and 2 females)

Topic author

Post by Guest » Sat Sep 04, 2010 8:38 pm

Pecans, tuna, some honey (on the pecans, which they all seem to love so much), and fresh parsley. And some strawberry.