Substrate Problem

This is where you discuss the conditions of your crabitat -- temperature, humidity, substrate, decorating, etc.

sweetpea51

Another ?

Post by sweetpea51 » Mon Feb 21, 2011 3:20 am

Ok. Sani-Wash for everything in the dishwasher!! Yes, I really was impressed with Hermit Crab Patch! So helpful & patient! Godzilla is definitely happy with her new Kibble! We ordered a few different things and so far she is happy with everything. When we feed her, she is usually sitting in the food dish for a few hours. I was looking at Sand ?'s from a couple of days ago. Saw the information about different sands. I'm using Quickrete Premium Play Sand. However, Quickrete also makes an All Purpose Sand. Tried to see bag under Lowe's but it wouldn't go larger. It looks as if it states that it has been washed. Is this better than the play sand? Would it be courser? Or is the Play Sand ok to use? Another set of questions! Haven't tried the chicken wing yet. Have a great night & take care.

samurai_crab

Post by samurai_crab » Mon Feb 21, 2011 4:34 am

The playsand is fine, but I believe some recommend the all purpose sand over the play.
C. clypeatus, C. compressus, & C. perlatus

suebee

Post by suebee » Mon Feb 21, 2011 1:38 pm

I have used both and made out fine with each of them..
I buy from ELHC or HCP, I CANNOT RECEIVE PM MESSAGES SO EMAIL ME,anytime! suebeebuzz@me.com visit my Hermit Crab Dollar Store. Crabbing from aprox 1974- I own 12 Species,On Face Book-Susan Staff's Coenobita Research of New Jersey

sweetpea51

Post by sweetpea51 » Tue Feb 22, 2011 5:24 pm

:) Thank you for the replies! I appreciate the input! Wasn't sure if the regular sand would hurt a hermie or not. Thank you. So far, so good. Tank is good, Godzilla is eating his goodies. We're all happy here! Thank you again and have a great evening! :blob7: