molted, then went back down

Older topics that are in the process of being sorted and moved into the appropriate Archived sections below.

Topic author
parrothead

molted, then went back down

Post by parrothead » Wed May 16, 2012 9:59 pm

Ok, so I had a mass molt recently, and everyone is coming up one at a time (thank goodness). I did notice however that one of my E's came up on Monday, changed shells and went back down. I haven't seen her since. Is this normal and should I be worried?

Also, I had a very small one go down over a month ago and I'm worried he didn't make it. His name is Yoda, and he is a 'small' PP. Think he's alright or should I prepare for the worst?

kuza

Re: molted, then went back down

Post by kuza » Wed May 16, 2012 10:01 pm

I would assume everyone is ok. :-)

starshine19

Post by starshine19 » Wed May 16, 2012 10:06 pm

If you don't smell and 'fishy' smell yet it will do no good to worry about anything. I had a small pp down for 3 months and he didn't even molt. As for the one who just molted he may just like digging. I have a hermit crab that I only see at night and all day I hear scratching on the bottom of the tank.
Just make sure their food and water is full and they do the rest. I know it's hard but hermit crabs defiantly teach patience :roll:
If you can dream it, you can do it.
Walt Disney

goodmorningmylove

Post by goodmorningmylove » Wed May 16, 2012 10:25 pm

I don't really know about how hermit crab minds work but your E could feel a bit too vulnerable to stay up with the rest of them.
2 PPs:
Rigatoni (Toni); August 1, 2010; 7 molts.
Rotini (Tini); February 18, 2011; 6 molts.

1 Betta:
Ziti.

4 Welsummer Bantams:
3 Hens: Barbina, Pastina, and Stelline (Stella).
1 Rooster: Tortelloni (Loni).

http://acrabslifetolive.tumblr.com