My crabs died under the ground 6 are death now :(

Older topics that are in the process of being sorted and moved into the appropriate Archived sections below.

kuza

Re: My crabs died under the ground 6 are death now :(

Post by kuza » Mon May 21, 2012 5:29 am

natural spring water is not always really from nature and could be tap water. All water should be treated unless it's distilled bottle water.

Topic author
deesjebeesje

Post by deesjebeesje » Mon May 21, 2012 2:09 pm

The salt that I used, i used it for a long time so I dont think it is the salt, maybe the food, Before the dried food I always used fresh food.
Ok I gonna use back fresh food.
The water I gonna use Is the osmose but in osmose is nothing in of calcium is that not bad?, I gonno refresh everything.

wodesorel
Tech Support
Tech Support

Post by wodesorel » Mon May 21, 2012 2:46 pm

Long-term use of osmosis for the freshwater wouldn't be great, but for a short while to see if it helps will be fine. The calcium and minerals in the salt-water should be enough to supply them with what they need.
Want to see all my crazy pets? @waywardwaifs on Instagram

kuza

Post by kuza » Mon May 21, 2012 3:21 pm

I use only dried food, well I use some fresh but not much and my guys eat all the time and have been molting well. However I dechlorinate and remove heavy metals from all water unless it's distilled. Anything that get into the tank with the water stays, even if the water evaporates.

Topic author
deesjebeesje

Post by deesjebeesje » Sat Jun 02, 2012 4:16 am

Ok thx than I only gonna use osmose water.
I do have onohter question, one of my indo's is hanging al the time in the salt water, I dont think he have a molt had.
I think he is drinking are something, but everytime when I look in the tank he is hanging are drinking in the salt water,he does that all the week.
Is er something wrong whit him?

Topic author
deesjebeesje

Post by deesjebeesje » Sat Jun 02, 2012 2:42 pm

Is realy not good with the indo :( I put him in a iso box.
Today I had clean all the tank, first I dint wonna do that beqause I had molters under the ground, but i was thinking that er was no other way, so I had to dig them up, out one of them the molt was stil hanging out :( I hope he is going to be ok.
So I really clean every thing with detol and then I have rinsed with reverse osmosis I hope it is going to be ok now, I only use now osmose water, and only fresh food.