LiveHermitCrabs.com

For topics on hermit crab related stores, and member reviews of them. Also for asking where to find an item. Retailers, please read the sticky regarding our rules before posting!

parrothead

Re: LiveHermitCrabs.com

Post by parrothead » Fri Oct 19, 2012 4:25 pm

Okay, as promised... PHOTOS! I didn't photograph all of them because 3 refused to come out of their shells, but the good news is the Pink Indo was up :D

This is the largest of the 7. I ordered mediums, clearly her idea of mediums is skewed :roll:
Mr. refuses to come out of his shell- Not even once! I don't even know what he looks like :?
I took this photo specifically for Wolf to prove her theory :wink: Most of mine have modified shells
This is 'Two Foot', because well.... he has two feet
Not a hollywood picture but shows that I do in fact have a PINK yay :clap:
PINK
random abdomen shot of regular Indo
...and last but not least, the only one that has chosen a shell since last Tuesday. He/She would not come out to visit so this is all I got

patchouliii

Post by patchouliii » Fri Oct 19, 2012 4:29 pm

:love::
Last edited by patchouliii on Fri Oct 19, 2012 4:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Crabbiopolis est. 2010.
Population: 30% Clypeatus, 25% Brevimanus, 25% Compressus, 20% Violascens.
http://s1265.beta.photobucket.com/user/ ... i/library/

Headmistress of a half a dozen +1 breech-ling (human eggs)

patchouliii

Post by patchouliii » Fri Oct 19, 2012 4:31 pm

What BEAUTIES!! :cloud9: Def. NOT mediums! My smalls are NOT smalls. They are super tiny. She only got two shipment of indos she says. tiny and large :|
:D The pink is gorgeous!! :hearts: Congrats! How are their appetites? My little ones have been pigging out like they have beed starved, poor things :|
Crabbiopolis est. 2010.

parrothead

Post by parrothead » Fri Oct 19, 2012 4:52 pm

yeah, was kinda bummed about the size, wasn't really ready for crabs that big lol. Shells are proving hard to find too. Appetites are good, I have a few that really pig out, and a couple that I am kinda watching carefully. 3 of my 7 are VERY active, but the other 4... not so much. I have one that refuses to leave the moss pit (I didn't photograph him because of his stress levels), and 3 that rarely leave the protection of the cork round. The PINK is sure pretty, I'm kicking around names. Let me know if you have any ideas, It has to be a SUPER girly name for sure :hearts:

Careyenz

Post by Careyenz » Fri Oct 19, 2012 5:05 pm

Of my 5 newbies, one Indo and one viola are very active. Out and about almost all day. One viola seems strictly nocturnal. I see her as I'm leaving for work I the morning. She's a teeny baby in a white turitella shell. Can't wait to snap a pic of her. Peekaboo dug down right away and I've only seen him once. My other Indo, who I've only seen out of his shell once, dug down also. I'm worried about the two I haven't seen much of. The three active ones have all had multiple shell changes and seem to be adjusting well. I'm worried about pps with the other two who haven't even changed shells yet. Im hoping they come around.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Careyenz, mom to Collin-7, Lily-4, 4 Straws, 5 Blues, 2 Violas, 2 E's, 2 PP's, and 3 cats.

fluffy

Post by fluffy » Fri Oct 19, 2012 5:42 pm

I love your viola's Super cute :) Not to thread jack or anything but does live hermit crabs tell you when they ship out the hermit crabs?

parrothead

Post by parrothead » Fri Oct 19, 2012 6:00 pm

yes, I got an email two days before I received them. There was a tracking number in the message and I could tack the delivery time down to the hour

fluffy

Post by fluffy » Fri Oct 19, 2012 6:12 pm

Oh great thanks :D

wolfnipplechips

Post by wolfnipplechips » Fri Oct 19, 2012 6:14 pm

So beautiful, parrot!! :D :D :D I LOVE the dark tan colored ones and of course the pink! Congrats!! :D Very jealous.
Crabby since May 2009
Hermit Crab Food Store: http://alaskahermit.com/
Pets: crabs, cats, lizards, flesh eating beetles, isopods, betta fish

parrothead

Post by parrothead » Fri Oct 19, 2012 6:26 pm

Thanks y'all! They are deff a hodgepodge of colors :cloud9:

sugarselections

Post by sugarselections » Fri Oct 19, 2012 8:55 pm

On Thursday I got five indos and two rugs. All the crabs are in good shape but USPS gave me a bad time. They didn't deliver by noon and when they did deliver my package they just left it on the porch without even knocking on the door or anything even though the box says "live animals". Also, there are big red arrows on the box saying "this side up" but they left the box sitting on my porch upside down. I think whoever was delivering it knew they were in trouble so they just dropped the box and ran. Even if I don't hear a car pull into my driveway, my dogs definitely do about 99% of the time and they go into red alert. The fact that they didn't even hear the delivery guy makes me really suspicious. Anyway, I called to file a complaint with USPS and they said they'd open a case and call me back but of course I haven't heard from them. I'll probably call Monday and yell at someone who doesn't really deserve it. I've had crabs delivered several time before by USPS Express and it's always been really great. In the past they've always delivered to me personally between 8-10am and the delivery driver has always been really careful with the package because it says "live animals".

I ordered a small, medium, large and XL indo. I got an extra medium indo. The small is very small, the mediums are nearly larges, the large is very large, and the XL is jumbolicious. The XL came in the most awful tonna shell imaginable so I put him in my small iso by himself with two appropriate shells and moved him to the quarantine tank with the rest of them after he had changed into a jade turbo. It took him about three minutes to swap shells. I already have a jumbo purple pincher, but this new XL indo is now comfortably wearing a shell with a 1.75" opening.

I also ordered two medium rugs. Both actually measure as smalls but they have great color. One is blue and the other is red/pink.

All crabs are active (extremely so!) and healthy. I've done two rounds of salt water baths so far and haven't seen a single mite. The crabs are currently in my ten gallon quarantine tank with just cotton sackcloth towels as substrate. If they're still clear of mites for their third bath they'll probably be moved into the main tank in a couple days. No decent pictures yet but here's some bad ones of the blue rug and XL indo.

Poppy

Kola

Careyenz

Post by Careyenz » Fri Oct 19, 2012 8:59 pm

Sugar, the claw on your Indo in unreal. They are both gorgeous. Can't wait to see more!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Careyenz, mom to Collin-7, Lily-4, 4 Straws, 5 Blues, 2 Violas, 2 E's, 2 PP's, and 3 cats.

wolfnipplechips

Post by wolfnipplechips » Fri Oct 19, 2012 9:06 pm

WANT!! :shock: :shock: :shock:

Sorry about the delivery person. :( So lame. But congrats on the new crabs! :D
Crabby since May 2009
Hermit Crab Food Store: http://alaskahermit.com/
Pets: crabs, cats, lizards, flesh eating beetles, isopods, betta fish

patchouliii

Post by patchouliii » Fri Oct 19, 2012 10:55 pm

Gorgeous crabs! :D
Crabbiopolis est. 2010.

Striker0086

Post by Striker0086 » Sat Oct 20, 2012 12:48 am

Would it be wrong of me to say that after reading this, I want a few indo's?lol! I really like the way the pink ones look.